IGNORED

Battles - Juice B Crypts LP (October 18th, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm out. On the last track now and overall this has just seemed a bit too chaotic for me, and I wasn't into most of the vocals. I thought I would like this more.

I was thinking about seeing them live soon, as I never have, but I think I'll pass. It's a Sunday anyway.

Edited by sidewinder

41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Now I'm out. On the last track now and overall this has just seemed a bit too chaotic for me, and I wasn't into most of the vocals. I thought I would like this more.

I was thinking about seeing them live soon, as I never have, but I think I'll pass. It's a Sunday anyway.

I love the instrumental tracks on this thing but i agree that the vocal tracks dont do it for me.

the vocal tracks are super strong imo, as is the rest. on 2nd listen i rank it above Gloss Drop and La Di Da Di, and recon it's up there as one of this year's finest albums

I dig it. It’s about on par with La Di for me, a bit below their debut but far more engaging than Gloss Drop. Or maybe it was just the edible I ate beforehand. I liked it, but it probably won’t make my end of year list. Still gonna see them next month though - at this point I enjoy them live far more than any studio recording.

Album is dope, been listening to it 5 or 6 times already and I like it more and more. Full of energy, it has a good flow and I enjoy every single track on that release which never happened before with a Battles album lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I listened to this again (first time since 2019) and it was annoying. BUT like a champ I looped it for round 2, and I'm happy I stuck it out because a lot of it clicked immediately. I have to skip track 3 but the rest of this album is fucking solid even without sleigh bells.

Why the Shabazz Palaces collab works I don't understand, I'm so happy it does.

The most fun I've had listening since Mirrored, though my favorite era from Battles is their debut EPs.

Edited by chemick