IGNORED

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30th, 2019)

Check this white Knight in shining armour. You're such a pitiful entity it was hard to summon the energy to type out this reply. Who the hell are these schmucks and what gap in the woodwork are they crawling out from. 

jeeze even you're bored with your charade at this point aren't you? the troll shtick is tired and sad. get drunk again and post random blabber and let your real self out, it's okay, you don't have anyone to impress. just be a normal watmm dork. you can do it, i believe in you, you tiny old fool. 

• Like 1

I like Tool

I dislike their pseudo-intellectual hardcore fanbase who don't understand that they have been copping King Crimson for the last 20 years.

But this track is boring.

Sounds phoned in. Wish they'd stretch out a little and do some experimenting instead of recycling riffs and beats from their last 4 albums.

But their power to start arguments on the internet are in full swing. LOL at buying a fucking CD that needs to charge to show "exclusive content". Waste of electronic components. Probably put together by children in Vietnam.

Anyhow.....

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, qualitycontrol said:

I dislike their pseudo-intellectual hardcore fanbase who don't understand that they have been copping King Crimson for the last 20 years.

or that they gave rise to a band that does what they do 10x better, went further, and didn't have any of this cheesy wokeness: Isis.

saw a yt comment that was like "omg Bernie on Rogan and new Tool my life is complete". Rogan is the perfect complement to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never understood the Tool hype. I'm a pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend in years so it seems like Tool should be right up my street but every time I try listening it just sounds dreary and tedious. If I want pretentious prog metal I'll listen to Dream Theater instead, they're awesome.

7 hours ago, usagi said:

or that they gave rise to a band that does what they do 10x better, went further, and didn't have any of this cheesy wokeness: Isis.

Any tracks you'd recommend to start with? I'm loathe to just type "Isis" into YouTube's search field for the obvious reason.

58 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

I've never understood the Tool hype. I'm a pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend in years so it seems like Tool should be right up my street but every time I try listening it just sounds dreary and tedious. If I want pretentious prog metal I'll listen to Dream Theater instead, they're awesome.

Any tracks you'd recommend to start with? I'm loathe to just type "Isis" into YouTube's search field for the obvious reason.

if you want to dive into their discography, I'd start with the album this is from: Panopticon.

^ I was gonna say the same. Panopticon is probably their best and it also sits right in the middle of their style shifts. Move backward and it gets a little heavier - move forward and it gets a little more progressive. All while sounding like them. Can’t go wrong.

22 minutes ago, jules said:

^ I was gonna say the same. Panopticon is probably their best and it also sits right in the middle of their style shifts. Move backward and it gets a little heavier - move forward and it gets a little more progressive. All while sounding like them. Can’t go wrong.

word, b.

actually I will qualify that somewhat by saying that though I still vibe with Panopticon the most, if I tried to objectively stack their albums up against each other based on the merits of each, I do think they generally kept getting better and that WR is the jewel in the crown. they put a lot of effort into making sure that each album offered something new and different and on WR they added this mystical otherworldly vibe (Panopticon by comparison sounds grittier and more real-world) which I thought worked really well.

Yeah love Isis.. Oceanic is still my fav but do agree you can make the case for tthem getting better as they go.

I get the tool comparison and guess there may have been some cross over influence wise.. but Tool didn't give rise to Isis, they more came from post-hardcore, Neurosis and that

• Like 1

^ and Godflesh, of course. in fact I worked backwards to Godflesh because of Isis and they'd be my favourite metal band if I had to pick just one.

but yeah, apart from sound-wise I meant Tool helped pave the way for Isis and took them on tour with them etc. there are shoutouts on some of Isis' live albums to Tool for the opportunity.

3 hours ago, Rotwang said:

I'm a pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend in years so it seems like Tool should be right up my street

i think the only true way into deep, spiraling TOOL fandom is to discover them as a TEENAGE pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, colunga said:

i think the only true way into deep, spiraling TOOL fandom is to discover them as a TEENAGE pseudo-intellectual stoner who hasn't had a girlfriend.

lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

^ and Godflesh, of course. in fact I worked backwards to Godflesh because of Isis and they'd be my favourite metal band if I had to pick just one.

but yeah, apart from sound-wise I meant Tool helped pave the way for Isis and took them on tour with them etc. there are shoutouts on some of Isis' live albums to Tool for the opportunity.

There was a really good interview with Aaron T (maybe in the bigger Tool thread) and it sounded like when half the band was digging the spotlight and shifting towards a more progressive sound, he was recoiling from that. that's when it started to fall apart. Sounds like the two Aarons really butted heads on the direction of the band. Harris was Danny's drum tech for awhile, I think. 

Sucks they did break up because I agree, I thought every album was better and better as well.

Yeah I also love this tune. I'm zero Tool fanboy but (like I said) Lateralus is a 10/10 album.

First playback I thought the beginning with the strings was top notch, then when the band came in my enthusiasm dipped because it sounded exactly like Lateralus. Then as it rolled on it got better and better. I think I've played it at least a dozen times in the last few days, Just love the dark, brooding mood. And the lyrics are spot on.

It does not feel like a 10 minute track. 

But I know I'm wasting my words with most of you childish gaylords. 

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1