IGNORED

Tool - Fear Inoculum (August 30th, 2019)

4 hours ago, thumbass said:

image.thumb.png.12ad0eafc6b72e85b09c1485d42e52ce.png

pitchfork at it again

not sure if this is a marketing device or it's just because dickspork is awful

don't need to wonder with anthony boitano. can we crowd-source getting him to stop?

just stop, anthony

Edited by very honest

27 minutes ago, very honest said:

not sure if this is a marketing device or it's just because dickspork is awful

don't need to wonder with anthony boitano. can we crowd-source getting him to stop?

just stop, anthony

If they just praise it nobody will care 

• Like 1

Still enjoying the fuck out of this. Moreso in fact, now that the lyrics are starting to sink into my consciousness.

Some will say this Tool by the numbers, and I agree, but the numbers are transcendental and surreal.

• Like 1

Music critics who post negative reviews of Tool seem like on some emotional rebound.  Just killed Melon Heads review at the halfway mark I thought he was going to start crying at one point.

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Still enjoying the fuck out of this. Moreso in fact, now that the lyrics are starting to sink into my consciousness.

Some will say this Tool by the numbers, and I agree, but the numbers are transcendental and surreal.

Yeah it's really growing on me more and more, starting to appreciate some of the lyrics a bit more, particularly Descending, Culling Voices and 7empest.

Listened to all of 10,000 Days again yesterday just for comparison and now I definitely like Fear Innoculum more.

56 minutes ago, Richie Sombrero said:

The cello at the start is beautiful. 

We shall see, brother. 

It's not going to happen. Favourite album for some sure. That's true of all of their albums. But for the majority? Aenima vs Lateralus until the end of time. 

• Like 1

Yep Descending is a fucking tune

(magic sonic eye in full effect at 5am this morning while cycling to work in the twilight)

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

Yeah Descending is my favourite at the minute, so good!

Love the whole album and defo think its contender for their best album. Still early days but think I might prefer it to Lateralus.  Will prob be hard for it to dethrone Aenima  for me though.

30 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Does anyone else get a strong Undertow vibe from the vox in 7empest?

Wouldn't surprise, that track apparently has riffage all the way from the undertow days, so having vox reminiscent of that time isn't a stretch. that track is an amalgamation of everything tool has done up until now.  

11 hours ago, azatoth said:

Wouldn't surprise, that track apparently has riffage all the way from the undertow days, so having vox reminiscent of that time isn't a stretch. that track is an amalgamation of everything tool has done up until now.  

yea 100%

I think a lot of the lyrics can be about the band itself. Aside from Pneuma - almost every song

Yeah v true. Descending in particular is clearly about the end of the world but also shout out to this prob being the end of tool. Also think the line all hail our lethargy is bit of a swipe at his band mates taking their sweet time!

If this is Tools last its a very fitting Swan Song.. but am also kinda hoping this will invigorate them and they knock another album out in a couple of years! Would actually love to hear what it would sound like if they all just recorded something quick and raw together.

Edited by kirm