IGNORED

What is your secret to success in your area of life?

zlemflolia

Everyone has something they are the best at and things they are effective at that some people aren't.  What is your thing and what would be a good minimal description of your personal struggles to implement competence at said thing?  Are there any letter-known skills anyone has that you are more surprised that more people don't have, because of how valuable you think that skill is, like a career you've gotten into, topic you study, instrument or sport you play, or some talent you have that was developed over time?

zeffolia you gotta know by now this isn't the kind of thing you can really post on watmm without people talking about trash thievery.

47 minutes ago, Squee said:

I am beyond critical when it comes to own work and stubborn as hell.

Now that is a double edged sword.

1 hour ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

being a white male between the ages of 20-40

Yup. Born white, middle class and male in Western Europe. It’s almost impossible to f*** this up ... and believe me I’ve tried.

6 hours ago, Squee said:

I am beyond critical when it comes to own work and stubborn as hell.

Professional and personal work?

I will stay up nights working on projects for clients if I don't feel the quality is there, but I take a more relaxed approach for personal work. I know what I don't like when it comes to my own work and I will persist until I touch on something exciting, but I've relaxed on the deprecating self-criticism. It's made me a lot more relaxed.

Undying commitment to getting up early to hit the gym before work. Work itself is a dysfunctional slag (especially during summer), but somehow I've remained there for more than a decade.

I dunno if I'm actually good at anything. I just manage to remain a steadfast stone in the occasional tidal wave of chaos in life. I'm noticing a phenomenon in which more and more humans these days are prone to irrational behavior by default, but I'm trying not to fall into the trap.

At the age of 16, I swore a blood oath to the Chamber of Rotting Souls, a multinational underground group that specializes in spreading dark supernatural forces and manipulating world events through diabolical sabotage and demonic subterfuge. 5 years ago, I knew that when I started a family, I had to leave the Chamber to give them the life they truly deserved, away from the brutal terrors I had made my stock-in-trade in over the years. 

One problem: Once you're in, you cannot leave. My path is laid with friends turned enemies, shattered hopes, and broken chains. This is my story:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

Man wouldn't it be nice to have old money and skip all the BS you have to go through to get new money.

Very true.

Then again, none of WATMM’s featured artists are old money, so, you know, maybe there are drawbacks.

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Very true.

Then again, none of WATMM’s featured artists are old money, so, you know, maybe there are drawbacks.

Not many people have old money period though. I don't know anyone who got enough inheritance to live off of for more than like a year or two (if they chose to).

Archived