IGNORED

Which of the Analogue Bubblebath Series is the Best?

Joyrex

Which Analogue Bubblebath is the Best?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which Entry in the Analogue Bubblebath Series is the Best?

• ABB 1
    • ABB 2
    • ABB 3
    • ABB 3.1
    • ABB 4
    • ABB 5*
    • ABB 6*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah - I remember he had a few other remixes/alt versions of commercial tracks, but quickly backtracked those (rumour has it the labels/publisher were none too happy about him dumping all these tracks online).

I remember Girl/Boy Dark version being the only one which was omitted in a blink because of Warp. Apparently they weren't too happy about Rich putting it out in the wild, although it was only an alternative version. Quite strange since Warp was giving OK for SAW II tracks like Harmonicom ( #2 / Radiator) and modal 10 (#11 / Domino) or Harmonicom 13 (26MF$) and those are way more publicly available than, say, Japan/Sand Lowe. Same goes for Space Beat which was Buck Tick - In The Glitter pt. 2 from 26 MF$, commented on SC that he didn't even remember it being already released.

13 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Apparently someone on Discogs was in the know back in 2012:

image.png

Well he should be, apparently that was Rich's discogs account, which I mentioned earlier.

Obviously, in real life I guess no one has any actual proof whose account it actually was. People were definite it was Rich's account when the track was put to SC with the title. After this big discovery the account was closed, which I put more gasoline to the fire as definite evidence. And as it had some rare jungle 12" it couldn't have been no-one else :emotawesomepm9:  Now thinking of it, I don't know how it panned out in reality, may have been some Rich's friend. But people are always right, right?

Haha, that release's sub has some funny discussion

""one way or another linked to the Rephlex camp"
this is not true, he claimed to be linked to spymania, then rephlex, now he claims to be recording with Domino records. he is not published by Fuck Uphner either, it's copyright control... perhaps you mean his record label? "

" This is an ultra obscure Lp one way or another linked to the Rephlex camp. Bill Corey is a rather shady caracter not willing to sign any contracts and staying completely invisible even for their publisher Fuck Uphner ... "

Soz for derailing...

Prob deserves a thread on its own, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was linked. Couple of former rephlex peeps have released on weme. That Bill Corey album sounds like a product of a couple of guys getting either stoned, drunk or just bored and f-ing around in a studio. Surprised they haven't followed it up with a Shits and Giggles EP. 

On 8/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, Uros said:

Y'know boss, there is only one untitled on ABB2. The other previously untitled one is Alien Fanny Fart, which was also included to SC dump. That's how the modern day Sherlock's got the lead to Rich's discogs account. :dry:

wait what discogs acc? billcorey or pissflaps?

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

wait what discogs acc? billcorey or pissflaps?

that was billcorey

one of our fellow watmmers suggested that it might be him, seconds later the account got closed (and yeah, lots of discogs releases commented/reviewed clearly indicated that was indeed Richie, trust me)

(really enjoyed his cute little rant about Syro reviews without a proper listen, ha)

I'm shocked that ABB 1 doesn't get more love. The title track is still as incredible now as it was back then. That said, ".210651" and ".942937" are stellar as well.

Happy bday, Ritchard, gonna spin your choons all day today.

52 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I'm shocked that ABB 1 doesn't get more love. The title track is still as incredible now as it was back then. That said, ".210651" and ".942937" are stellar as well.

Happy bday, Ritchard, gonna spin your choons all day today.

AFX 2 is huge. Also love Entrance To Exit although that one seems not to be loved by most people. Never really liked AB (the track) tbh. But those three other songs are great.

9 hours ago, Adamovich said:

that was billcorey

one of our fellow watmmers suggested that it might be him, seconds later the account got closed (and yeah, lots of discogs releases commented/reviewed clearly indicated that was indeed Richie, trust me)

(really enjoyed his cute little rant about Syro reviews without a proper listen, ha)

There was some lovely hush hush act around. People tried to say as little as possible so everyone could give a peep to the account. But hey, public forum and all so didn't take too long to get it shut.

So just found out (a few hours ago) the second track on ABB2 is dynamite. That's a AFX cloak and dagger classic!!

the first track on AB1 remains one of his most legendary tunes in my eyes, but as whole album/EP's go 3 and 5 are my favourite.

not sure on AB6 at all!

• 2 weeks later...

absolutely. the only reason i like 3 more, is because it has more tracks.

(i secretly hope richie reads this and thinks: "hmmmm...they want more tracks? ok, got it!" presto!)

Choosing between 1, 2, 3 and 4 is a bit like choosing between children. I simply can't choose. I do regard 3 as one of my favourite albums of all time tho. Up there with SAWs 1&2 and SOSW those are the album's of my youth. 

Ive just realised I missed universal indicator green of my classics album list. So inspiring that was in the 90s. A real punk statement about just using what you have and making trax. I hammered my 606, Sq10 and Ms20 after hearing that.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:59 PM, goDel said:

So, the way you put 3 and 4 on opposite sides of the list has me quite confused. Are you going from worst to best, or the other way around? Or just random order?

Haha, from my favorite on top to least favorite on bottom...

It's funny cuz AB4 is prob the most fun of them, but I just can't get passed the animal screams, I like his abrasive stuff but every time I think I can handle it, that one just assaults my ear lol

5 hours ago, Lane Visitor said:

Haha, from my favorite on top to least favorite on bottom...

It's funny cuz AB4 is prob the most fun of them, but I just can't get passed the animal screams, I like his abrasive stuff but every time I think I can handle it, that one just assaults my ear lol

but Cuckoo and Sloth? Come on!

Archived