thawkins

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, thawkins said:

Hey man that's my thread! :catrage:

Came to post this here, kind of long but it's two tracks really.

lol I mixed this thread up with the "post what you're working on" one, weekly thawkins sounds like weekly wips.. sorry mate :flower:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chronical said:

lol I mixed this thread up with the "post what you're working on" one, weekly thawkins sounds like weekly wips.. sorry mate :flower:

No worries, working on new music every week is a big thing, congrats on doing it and keep on keeping on. :nyan:

Posting a nice chilled out psychedelic track that I re-arranged from this week's jam session with Tubular Corporation (alias Lagoon City):

Full jam session here (description has video links too!):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, webby said:

slow forward - Excellent organ solos, really evocative of a 70’s Krautrock vibe. Great counterplay between the multiple organ voices.

Cheers! Thanks a lot, and glad you enjoyed it. Trying to get better at this week by week, and it's really nice to hear that I am having at least some success.

If you stick around for the coming weeks, we also do a weekly livestream each Tuesday at 8.30 central europe time (which is some ungodly time at night in Australia probably but you can check out recordings in the tumblr link in my signature). Its got visuals too!

• Like 2

New week, new track:

New livestream recording:

And visuals to go with the above, although with a slightly crappier audio quality (I have not figured out yet how to replace the audiot on the videos).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 4:13 AM, thawkins said:

Here's another experimentation with the QY100 sequencer, finished and arranged in Ableton Live:

Like the progression from 2:16+ here. Nice stuff overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Whooops, forgot all about this thread for several months it seems. I made a bunch of new music in the meantime, but I'll just post the cream of the crop here and if you like it you can find the rest on Soundcloud anyway.

Big news is that Weeklybeats 2022 is on, and I have decided that this time I will try out my idea of just creating a bunch of small short songs that fit onto each other, forming a massive 2h or 56 minute collage by the end of the year. Here's a playlist that contains the 3 tracks so far:

Weekly livestreams are continuing and each one feels better than the last (this might mean that a massive fuckup is incoming OR we have just finally arrived at the plateau of mediocrity).

Yeah, this could be boring to listen to, but first ask yourself - can anything that shows a pic of a fully cabled up MPC1000 be bad? Obviously, no. (Even if I do mostly use it for MIDI sequencing (i.e. fingerdrumming some loops into Ableton)

• Like 1