Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guess what, the Yamah DTXM 12 is awesome. Especially if you find the Yamaha kits that are available for download because the stock ones kinda suck.

Beware it will piss off your neighbors.

Also I think this might be the shortest track I have made so far.

Edited by thawkins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 4:21 AM, thawkins said:

Due to my personal failings, this mix sounds better on headphones. Particularly Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm.

i don't own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm but this sounds like it was made on a sunday, probably may 10th? anyway, pretty chill, there's a build up so i kept waiting for the drop but it never came...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

i don't own a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm but this sounds like it was made on a sunday, probably may 10th? anyway, pretty chill, there's a build up so i kept waiting for the drop but it never came...

Yeah for the weekly things I just name them after the day I upload.

Sorry for not having a drop. It's not really the kind of music that has drops though, right?

Anyway, thanks for the listen and thanks for the comment. ?

Edited by thawkins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made one of those contemplative ambient tracks based off a generative riff my secret Pure Data patch gave me.

I wanted to play some chopped up breakbeats on top but this is not quantized at all and I could not get it to work. :catcry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad: hard drive full.

Good: A track that's just a stereo recording of Roland XV5080 with a lot of MIDI automation going on, based off my first "generative music" experiment project.

Bad: Live is spinning my laptop's fan so hard I can't hear my monitors properly.

Good: The track is OK actually despite that.

Edited by thawkins
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 6:57 AM, thawkins said:

Messing around with an old project, this is probably 2-3 songs that should be finished properly. I have my excuses.

I actually really really dig this, from the outset, such a lush sound, and it builds up so well throughout the track. No recommendations or anything, everything needed is there and nothing more.

What is that high pitched synth from the beginning and throughout? I love that organ-like sound.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2020 at 5:41 AM, willochill said:

I actually really really dig this, from the outset, such a lush sound, and it builds up so well throughout the track. No recommendations or anything, everything needed is there and nothing more.

What is that high pitched synth from the beginning and throughout? I love that organ-like sound.

Thanks, glad you like it. 🙂

The high pitched sound is exactly what you hear, an organ preset off the Roland XV5080 (probably Surf's Up!) with some processing added on top.

Here's this week's track, which was made in a hurry because I spent half the day trial and erroring some weird clicks and pops that keep bugging me.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, thawkins said:

Thanks, glad you like it. 🙂

The high pitched sound is exactly what you hear, an organ preset off the Roland XV5080 (probably Surf's Up!) with some processing added on top.

Here's this week's track, which was made in a hurry because I spent half the day trial and erroring some weird clicks and pops that keep bugging me.

 

Beautiful, again I really love the organ tone in the beginning and throughout. Love the pattern theme. Not much that I can say other than it ends too soon!

Also your mixes are really nice, what sort of setup do you use?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, willochill said:

Beautiful, again I really love the organ tone in the beginning and throughout. Love the pattern theme. Not much that I can say other than it ends too soon!

Also your mixes are really nice, what sort of setup do you use?

Glad you like the mixes. My setup is:

  • Neumann KH120A monitors with IK ARC2 correction
  • MOTU Track16 paired with a M-Audio Profire 2626 over optical link
  • Roland XV5080 (also Korg MS2000R, Korg MicroX, Volca Sample, Yamaha DTX12M which are not used in the track we are talking about)
  • Ableton Live 10 Suite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 12:43 AM, sTeh B L said:

I just listened to "sun 30 aug." I like the relaxing feel to it all, but I would either throw in some more variation on the beat/chords, or I'd make it shorter.

Yeah you have a point definitely. I have listened to that a couple of times this week and felt that the 2nd half was kind of dragging on. Definitely needs more variation or more cuts. 🙂

 

I actually came here to post a link to the livestream we played with WATMM user TubularCorporation today:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

×
×
  • Create New...