IGNORED

I'm Ashamed of WATMM Sometimes

Joyrex

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoodily doodily, not read any of this yet but just biked in to say jules is literally the worst lifeform I've encountered in an online community, there is absolutely nothing there. It's dead airspace and a waste of bandwidth.

Just now, Schlitze said:

Hoodily doodily, not read any of this yet but just biked in to say jules is literally the worst lifeform I've encountered in an online community, there is absolutely nothing there. It's dead airspace and a waste of bandwidth.

Hold my beer

At least he doesn't have the a-word am i right guys

Isn't all of this just a repeat of The Nice Thread?

Joyrex I think you're being harsh on us tbh. Most of us would help each other if need be. I see the forum as a place of entertainment be it fact or fiction, serious or fun, a place to talk about music and in the case of General Banter forum a place where you have to navigate a little depending on the subject. What do you want us to be? Act like monks and nuns?

2 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Isn't all of this just a repeat of The Nice Thread?

Joyrex I think you're being harsh on us tbh. Most of us would help each other if need be. I see the forum as a place of entertainment be it fact or fiction, serious or fun, a place to talk about music and in the case of General Banter forum a place where you have to navigate a little depending on the subject. What do you want us to be? Act like monks and nuns?

No; my goal of posting this thread was to get us all to reflect and perhaps be a bit more mindful about our online behaviour - I don't want to see the banter and other stuff that makes WATMM fun go away.

I do think though we can all be a bit more careful about our use of terms that some people genuinely are offended by.

A good rule I apply to myself is "Would I say this to that person's face?" or "Would I say this in public in a group discussion?"

And again - this doesn't apply to everyone - even the person who left because of the comments about autism said it wasn't everyone but it was enough that they didn't want to be part of the community because of it.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Seriously? You two are getting dangerously close to our definition of flame baiting (let alone harassment).

This is turning more into an agenda against me than anything else - and as guests on my site, you know where the door is. Can't say I would be sorry to see either of you go.

If you'd like me to expedite that process, I will be more than glad to.

It's ok Joyrex.

Your whole attitude of this is MY message board though is stupid. This message board is everybody's that posts here. This place is nothing without the people.

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

It's ok Joyrex.

Your whole attitude of this is MY message board though is stupid. This message board is everybody's that posts here. This place is nothing without the people.

Well of course - there'd be no point in running this site (and putting up with you lot) for the past 20 years if it weren't for the music and the people who enjoy it.

But it doesn't exist in a vacuum - the site reflects upon me as an individual and ultimately I am responsible for it and what's said on it, even if not by me directly. You can't blame me for being defensive in that regard.

Since things went a bit out of hand recently, and since I hold myself responsible for the things I said in the deleted thread, aimed directly and exclusively to eugene, which have been (apparently) regarded as anti-semitic, I feel obligated to say a couple of words about it.

I don't intend to apologize to anyone, especially not eugene, nor anyone else I might have offended in this forum. I am not an anti-semite. I also do not regard my response to eugene as anti-semitic, however, I did threaten eugene with "going full adolf on his ass" ( I also said I hope he gets raped by a hairy jew in the middle of a desert and struck by a stray israeli missile for the reasons I'm going to explain next), if he sincerely believes what he wrote. I wrote this, because that's how I felt at the time, triggered by his non-challant and meaningless search for arguments to downplay the crimes committed by Epstein. By writing "going full adolf on his ass", I was trying to equalize, in rhetoric manner, his point of view, so he could maybe realize the gravity of his words, and re-consider his point of view. I did not mince my words, I went straight for the jugular, so to speak. Maybe not the most patient and constructive way to go about things, but that's how it happened. In my private life, I'm a hatched man against injustice and power-induced inequality. Both my grandparents were in concentration camps, suffered the full wrath of the nazi regime, and while they were not jewish, they rightly fought against the oppressors of their freedom, and were sent to concentration camps because they fought actively for their freedom. While my family tried to acquire reparations to restore their dignity, they faced numerous obstacles that favored Jewish minorities, and for the most part, did not get their full pensions. In the light of the fact that most of the perpetrators recently uncovered and connected to atrocities were jews, holding the highest positions of authority of our so-called 'free world of the West', and eugene being as ardent as he is ignorant apologist of the power-hungry jewish enclave, I also find that fact unjust, and downright perverse, and not appropriate for the minority which in its past, suffered such degradation and man-hunt as they did. If anyone, they should feel most compelled, having suffered in the past, not to repeat the same power-hungry demagogue and elitist actions. But they did, and still are. Eugene is a proud jew, and I have nothing against that, but putting together his words, his agenda, and the history of his nation, one can uncover his ignorant and perverse point of view, at which I struck. This is not an anti-semitic point of view, this is the truth. And if ignorant people continue to label things at their face value, baiting shame and stirring controversy around the forum, then so be it. I can only point them out and say, they might be one of the reasons this place often finds itself way lower than it could be.

But, of course, this is internet, and because of that, my response against eugene might appear as a meek fight against the windmills as Don Quixote did, and if anything, I might have made a fool of myself if it wasn't aimed at a specific user with a specific point of view in specific cirsumstances, as I explained above. But I didn't, and I stand behind my actions, and words.

17 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Since things went a bit out of hand recently, and since I hold myself responsible for the things I said in the deleted thread, aimed directly and exclusively to eugene, which have been (apparently) regarded as anti-semitic, I feel obligated to say a couple of words about it.

I don't intend to apologize to anyone, especially not eugene, nor anyone else I might have offended in this forum. I am not an anti-semite. I also do not regard my response to eugene as anti-semitic, however, I did threaten eugene with "going full adolf on his ass" ( I also said I hope he gets raped by a hairy jew in the middle of a desert and struck by a stray israeli missile for the reasons I'm going to explain next), if he sincerely believes what he wrote. I wrote this, because that's how I felt at the time, triggered by his non-challant and meaningless search for arguments to downplay the crimes committed by Epstein. By writing "going full adolf on his ass", I was trying to equalize, in rhetoric manner, his point of view, so he could maybe realize the gravity of his words, and re-consider his point of view. I did not mince my words, I went straight for the jugular, so to speak. Maybe not the most patient and constructive way to go about things, but that's how it happened. In my private life, I'm a hatched man against injustice and power-induced inequality. Both my grandparents were in concentration camps, suffered the full wrath of the nazi regime, and while they were not jewish, they rightly fought against the oppressors of their freedom, and were sent to concentration camps because they fought actively for their freedom. While my family tried to acquire reparations to restore their dignity, they faced numerous obstacles that favored Jewish minorities, and for the most part, did not get their full pensions. In the light of the fact that most of the perpetrators recently uncovered and connected to atrocities were jews, holding the highest positions of authority of our so-called 'free world of the West', and eugene being as ardent as he is ignorant apologist of the power-hungry jewish enclave, I also find that fact unjust, and downright perverse, and not appropriate for the minority which in its past, suffered such degradation and man-hunt as they did. If anyone, they should feel most compelled, having suffered in the past, not to repeat the same power-hungry demagogue and elitist actions. But they did, and still are. Eugene is a proud jew, and I have nothing against that, but putting together his words, his agenda, and the history of his nation, one can uncover his ignorant and perverse point of view, at which I struck. This is not an anti-semitic point of view, this is the truth. And if ignorant people continue to label things at their face value, baiting shame and stirring controversy around the forum, then so be it. I can only point them out and say, they might be one of the reasons this place often finds itself way lower than it could be.

But, of course, this is internet, and because of that, my response against eugene might appear as a meek fight against the windmills as Don Quixote did, and if anything, I might have made a fool of myself if it wasn't aimed at a specific user with a specific point of view in specific cirsumstances, as I explained above. But I didn't, and I stand behind my actions, and words.

Real talk: for someone claiming not to be an anti semite, you sure use the exact same language and arguments anti semites do when trying to justify their beliefs.

I'm not claiming you are anti semitic, but your language in that post would make one think otherwise.

I don't think he's anti semite per se.. I think he's athiest. I'm speaking directly to him now so don't interrupt.

Hey look man, it's Schlitze here, I really gotta commend you for your beliefs and not taking any shit from the bitch asses. Listen,  what you said came from the heart, rightly or wrongly. I've just been reading through the thread and getting some context..there is misinformation out there. Couple of pages back someone said eugene was a cool guy and I nearlypissed my fucking pants. He was a lot of things..but y'know. I get what you were saying. Yeah so.. don't overthink this. Log out, cook some bacon on the grill..just forget everything for one night and then come back tomorrow and continue what you were saying.

28 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Never change, Schlitze.

True story. He probably hates you, seeing as you got my Ceephax records. Hahah, when I replied to his email saying I had sold them to you that's when he jumped on his hate train towards Mister Beerwolf. So, so pathetic. Like a spoilt little child who didn't get his own way. I don't deal with pathetic, angry, immature children so banned him.

I bet he has a burning grudge against you StephenG so trust me, don't suck his cock too much.

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do you all know eachother so well/ remember who is cool and funny and who isn't? Is it from being on chatmm/discord/whatever? Or is it cos I only visit this website when I'm taking a shit, like right now

Archived