IGNORED

I'm Ashamed of WATMM Sometimes

Joyrex

9 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do you all know eachother so well/ remember who is cool and funny and who isn't? Is it from being on chatmm/discord/whatever? Or is it cos I only visit this website when I'm taking a shit, like right now

yes! 

I think we only exist in the first realm of the watmm dimension. I keep reading threads like these and I genuinely have no fucking clue what everyone is getting so upset about. All I read is about new albums, Aphex, a bit of Autechre and post something random about what you are consuming right now.

That's the fucking truth.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, beer badger said:

True story. He probably hates you, seeing as you got my Ceephax records. Hahah, when I replied to his email saying I had sold them to you that's when he jumped on his hate train towards Mister Beerwolf. So, so pathetic. Like a spoilt little child who didn't get his own way. I don't deal with pathetic, angry, immature children so banned him.

I bet he has a burning grudge against you StephenG so trust me, don't suck his cock too much.

^ possessed by the demon Pazuzu yet again. After being banished from Reagan McNeil's soul in 1973 Pazuzu has shapeshifted between many easy hosts in the preceding years in search of a soul to call his forever home. In cwmbrancity he thought he had his wish but the soul that was already in there was too tormented, the demon couldn't cement his seed of. So pazuzu thought 'fuck it, i'll just possess beerwolf, easy meat, absolute twit ...just wanna fanny about for a bit and not have to bother with Lazurus (father)'

15 minutes ago, beer badger said:

yes! 

I think we only exist in the first realm of the watmm dimension. I keep reading threads like these and I genuinely have no fucking clue what everyone is getting so upset about. All I read is about new albums, Aphex, a bit of Autechre and post something random about what you are consuming right now.

That's the fucking truth.

Yeah reading threads like these is making me realize that I spend most of my WATMM time on the stickied more general topic threads where there are basically zero or at least very few problems/arguments/whatever.

23 minutes ago, beer badger said:

you have chosen to ignore content by Schlitze

: )

I know you love me really, next time I sell some ceephax records I'll pm you first. Kiss kiss.

You mudda! me and G-Spot are tite..since 2012

hey mang..no idea what you're babbling on about the ceephax records. I don't even have a turntable. Maybe you mixed me up with someone else with a name starting with S? Some real Pazuzu shit goin on...you know that is exactly the kinda shit that motherfucker Pazuzu would try to pull on you, making you believe things that aren't happening

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

1. eugene wasn't "cool" (at least in my estimation) - he was antagonistic, argumentative and belligerent, and entertained views most would find unsavoury and not what most people would express in public.

So what? Because someone has different or "unsavoury" ideas they should go? It's this homogenization that will eventually kill watmm. I don't think it's reasonable to expect every member to be representative of whatever values and ideals you or the majority of this board feel are important (whatever they might be). We're a collection of individuals on a forum, not the calling card for idm (lel).         

3 minutes ago, user said:

So what? Because someone has different or "unsavoury" ideas they should go? It's this homogenization that will eventually kill watmm. I don't think it's reasonable to expect every member to be representative of whatever values and ideals you or the majority of this board feel are important (whatever they might be). We're a collection of individuals on a forum, not the calling card for idm (lel).         

Oh, come on - you and most people (I would hope) wouldn’t dare say that kind of stuff in a public forum or discussion; the fact it’s online shouldn’t change that.

And LOL at “homogenization” - it’s about basic decency and manners, not some anything goes free for all.

Just now, Joyrex said:

Oh, come on - you and most people (I would hope) wouldn’t dare say that kind of stuff in a public forum or discussion; the fact it’s online shouldn’t change that.

I don't know what exactly was said and the thread's gone... Anyway, if someone is misinformed or misguided or whatever isn't it better if they speak up so they can maybe gain some new insights? Maybe I'm being naive. Either way I'm not a huge fan of shielding people from any and everything that might offend. Of course there should be some basic decency and what that means is subject to change but w/e.

I've been regularly visiting WATMM since about 2005. I made a few posts but got chewed out pretty harshly by the community. Seemed pretty tightknit, but the people were assholes. Participating in a culture of dickheads just wasn't worth my time or effort, but the music recommendations were good so I lurked without contributing. I've only contributed recently as I've come to realise that the culture here is still shitoxic at times so I can easily distance myself from it. But a new generation seems to be coming through at the moment that is more pleasant to interact with. Probably gonna cop some shit for this post, but like I fucking care.

15 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Expecting people to behave as they would in public isn’t too much to ask I would hope.

Yeah but we're not in public are we? I mean it's a public forum but it's not like everyone's here because they have to be or there's not already been a pretty big selection at the door. It's nice that anyone can join so it doesn't become too much of a toxic circlejerk chamber but it's not a public space.

wouldn't this be a lovely place with all of us gone

a little bubble of perfect utopia, with no rights and no wrongs. 

it's like that fucking book, the giver. they didn't even have color and they did ok.

7 hours ago, dr lopez said:

edit: also big shout out to 420ourange. he was a funny poster and then he got banned and we all kinda forgot about him.

I didn't, dude was funny. also let's not forget ezkerraldean, who got banned for making jew jokes while having a jewish background.

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

the site reflects upon me as an individual and ultimately I am responsible for it and what's said on it, even if not by me directly. You can't blame me for being defensive in that regard.

I don't think you have to see it this way. is this because of connections you have with people in the business? because if I were in your position and had started an initially lowkey site for niche electronic music nerds, I would view it as a fishtank experiment and corral it carefully from the rest of my life, even if it grew big and developed more profile and connections over time. it'd be too exhausting to worry about every single post and how it reflects on you/makes you look to others, and besides, don't you always say that you only make time for WATMM when you can? that's incongruous with this view.

forgetting about what makes (or made) this place a community by insisting it all belongs to you is always going to drive a wedge between you and everyone else.

4 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but how do you all know eachother so well/ remember who is cool and funny and who isn't? Is it from being on chatmm/discord/whatever? Or is it cos I only visit this website when I'm taking a shit, like right now

the only correct way to WATMM, aint nobody got time for this shit except when taking one.

also no one's gonna chide @cichlisuite for that bullshit post?  what a hot mess, lawd reekris. you start off sounding like you could maybe excuse yourself for lashing out and then immediately lose the plot by posting, unprompted and unwarranted, a defense of your remarks based "the truth" of Nazi history and the "power hungry" jewish cabal, classic hate tropes. evidently you have a grudge against jews and it led to you posting those slurs, simple. just cos you might be nice to a passing jewish person in the streets doesn't clear that specific act of posting those remarks for those shitty reasons.

Is it a fucking full moon or something the entire last two to three weeks? 

This is a forum on the internet. Why is everyone... getting so pissed off over basically nothing? 

:psyduck:

Edit: I understand the irony given my history of drunken bs. But it seems like every thread in the last month or so is about how shitty people think other members or this community is, I totally don't get it. 

5 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

It's not a stupid question, it's a valid one.

3 hours ago, Embers said:

I've been regularly visiting WATMM since about 2005. I made a few posts but got chewed out pretty harshly by the community. Seemed pretty tightknit, but the people were assholes. Participating in a culture of dickheads just wasn't worth my time or effort, but the music recommendations were good so I lurked without contributing. I've only contributed recently as I've come to realise that the culture here is still shitoxic at times so I can easily distance myself from it. But a new generation seems to be coming through at the moment that is more pleasant to interact with. Probably gonna cop some shit for this post, but like I fucking care.

I can relate. I occasionally got shade thrown my way by snarky dickheads in my earlier years here, but it seems less of a problem now. I'm optimistic.

5 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Is it a fucking full moon or something the entire last two to three weeks? 

This is a forum on the internet. Why is everyone... getting so pissed off over basically nothing? 

:psyduck:

Edit: I understand the irony given my history of drunken bs. But it seems like every thread in the last month or so is about how shitty people think other members or this community is, I totally don't get it. 

I dunno either man. Boredom can lead to someone stirring the pot sometimes I guess, and now here we are. I shan't be dissuaded tho. This isn't the first time there's been drama.

Archived