IGNORED

I'm Ashamed of WATMM Sometimes

Joyrex

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

This is a forum on the internet. Why is everyone... getting so pissed off over basically nothing? 

Exactly! Like wtf dudes?

JR, maybe this is a good time for one of those "forum upgrades" that offlines this place for awhile? Just leave the Trump thread open and we're all good. At least there we're all united in our hatred toward the orange nutsack and not fighting amongst ourselves...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said anyone is actually pissed off about anything? It's mostly people jumping on a hype train, imo. Ok, there's couple of people with a chip on their shoulder. Or rather, a ban or warning point on their ass. So those are explainable. The rest is jumping on the hype train. Like rabbits. 

Looks like the place is alive, doesn't it? ?

I love that Doors track, btw. 

I'm ashamed to be an Autechre fan somtimes:

On 11/2/2013 at 3:50 PM, Sean Ae said:
[...]

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

[...]

?

Apropos: Onesix soon to end this mess? Pls.

I'm gonna miss eugene's compulsive contrarianisms. Imho assholes (/ppl pretending to be one) spice a place up to a degree and this one is far, far from being 8chan or whatever from what i can tell. But yo, tis not mine...

In any case aspiring to make ppl behave on an online platform like in a "live" public space where they can and have to look into each others eyes is just completely unrealistic in my estimation.

Wow, I’ve sensed some tense here lately, but this crisis came totally out of blue. IMO, there are two issues that I see produces some unnecessary conflicts around here and why not in other places in general.

TLDR edition:

1 The lack of common sense

2 General cynicism

For those interested:

Spoiler

1 - The lack of common sense. Imo Joyrex little bit misunderstood the actual point behind BCM’s post about if one chooses to become offended by something, he damn sure will find something, I mean anything, to get triggered. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read some straight face speculation around Windowlicker video. Like, is this now stereotyping all the black people with this N-word shit-talk, even when coming from black people…..and all this in a fucking satire music video. Kinda related to another trend; to become totally offended on behalf of someone else, even though you don’t even belong to that group or have any affiliation whatsoever to them. Doing some white knightery when you don’t actually know shit about their actual feelings and standings comes occasionally out as super fatuous. Of course, there are the big topics like racism, bigotry, human rights, you name it. But seriously, would like to see some segregation between proportions of the subjects (dunno if I got the sentence right).

As for this autist debate here, how I’ve seen it used has been to describe some characteristics,  which are typical to Asperger people. Like endless discussions about some snare sound or waveform analysis. It hasn’t been used so much to offend a person by providing a diagnosis, but more to illustrate the behavior of someone by one word. Easier to type than: ”oh, you’re behaving like a person, who is very interested in this specific subject to the degree where can’t really focus on anything else”.

Naturally posts which are meant to be deliberately offending are toxic, but personally, I’d wish some common sense not to be triggered about everything, especially if it’s an obvious joke. There is some humor alone, which basically is built around bad taste. What I’m just trying to say, is that people just seem to be way too soft-skinned today. At the end of the day, it’s really hard to draw a line. Like pointed out earlier, how about ” nerd”? Someone could get very hurt from that. Instead of getting 24/7 triggered, might be better sometimes simply ignore.

2. - General cynicism. Especially in the internet world, the dude who is the biggest ass has the biggest dick, watmm isn’t an exception. Can’t understand why it is crucial to constantly shit over other people’s interests. Personally, don’t get either anything like from, eh,”feeling and emotion” threads, but at the same time don’t feel the urge to point out how gay/embarrassing/cringeworthy their output is. To me it just comes out as arrogant to the max, the only reason behind the slag is to show how superior Don of Don’s you are. Wouldn't really cry after those witty one word ”this is shit; no use for explanation or own input”-feedbacks if they were to disappear. Aren’t we here for discussion about music in the first place?

Yet, some portion of the newcomers who feel like offended or bullied may be totally green without any basic understanding of what watmm is. I lurked for years before joining, so I knew how things work. And you can’t enter a new community expecting to be an MVP and giving shit to everyone. In general, I’ve been treated super good, sometimes even better than I had deserved (special thanks to people like psn and Herr Jan etc.), but this can be a hard place sometimes and you need to have a specific mindset to operate here. I’ve been here 5 years and I still don’t feel like I’m part of the guys. I try to keep myself out from specific topics and steer away from people I don’t feel like I can get along with, and that’s just fine. But this is far from being the most offending place I’ve visited.

Summa summarum: please people chill the fuck out & please Joyrex, don’t turn this to a place where I have to watch my feet not to crush fragile snowflakes and be constantly worried about what I can say.

45 minutes ago, Uros said:

Wow, I’ve sensed some tense here lately, but this crisis came totally out of blue. IMO, there are two issues that I see produces some unnecessary conflicts around here and why not in other places in general.

TLDR edition:

2 General cynicism

For those interested:

Hide contents

1 - The lack of common sense. Imo Joyrex little bit misunderstood the actual point behind BCM’s post about if one chooses to become offended by something, he damn sure will find something, I mean anything, to get triggered. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read some straight face speculation around Windowlicker video. Like, is this now stereotyping all the black people with this N-word shit-talk, even when coming from black people…..and all this in a fucking satire music video. Kinda related to another trend; to become totally offended on behalf of someone else, even though you don’t even belong to that group or have any affiliation whatsoever to them. Doing some white knightery when you don’t actually know shit about their actual feelings and standings comes occasionally out as super fatuous. Of course, there are the big topics like racism, bigotry, human rights, you name it. But seriously, would like to see some segregation between proportions of the subjects (dunno if I got the sentence right).

As for this autist debate here, how I’ve seen it used has been to describe some characteristics,  which are typical to Asperger people. Like endless discussions about some snare sound or waveform analysis. It hasn’t been used so much to offend a person by providing a diagnosis, but more to illustrate the behavior of someone by one word. Easier to type than: ”oh, you’re behaving like a person, who is very interested in this specific subject to the degree where can’t really focus on anything else”.

Naturally posts which are meant to be deliberately offending are toxic, but personally, I’d wish some common sense not to be triggered about everything, especially if it’s an obvious joke. There is some humor alone, which basically is built around bad taste. What I’m just trying to say, is that people just seem to be way too soft-skinned today. At the end of the day, it’s really hard to draw a line. Like pointed out earlier, how about ” nerd”? Someone could get very hurt from that. Instead of getting 24/7 triggered, might be better sometimes simply ignore.

2. - General cynicism. Especially in the internet world, the dude who is the biggest ass has the biggest dick, watmm isn’t an exception. Can’t understand why it is crucial to constantly shit over other people’s interests. Personally, don’t get either anything like from, eh,”feeling and emotion” threads, but at the same time don’t feel the urge to point out how gay/embarrassing/cringeworthy their output is. To me it just comes out as arrogant to the max, the only reason behind the slag is to show how superior Don of Don’s you are. Wouldn't really cry after those witty one word ”this is shit; no use for explanation or own input”-feedbacks if they were to disappear. Aren’t we here for discussion about music in the first place?

Yet, some portion of the newcomers who feel like offended or bullied may be totally green without any basic understanding of what watmm is. I lurked for years before joining, so I knew how things work. And you can’t enter a new community expecting to be an MVP and giving shit to everyone. In general, I’ve been treated super good, sometimes even better than I had deserved (special thanks to people like psn and Herr Jan etc.), but this can be a hard place sometimes and you need to have a specific mindset to operate here. I’ve been here 5 years and I still don’t feel like I’m part of the guys. I try to keep myself out from specific topics and steer away from people I don’t feel like I can get along with, and that’s just fine. But this is far from being the most offending place I’ve visited.

Summa summarum: please people chill the fuck out & please Joyrex, don’t turn this to a place where I have to watch my feet not to crush fragile snowflakes and be constantly worried about what I can say.

This

2 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

I'm ashamed to be an Autechre fan somtimes:

?

Apropos: Onesix soon to end this mess? Pls.

yea i remember that! anthony got banned soon after that post and a few days later the thread was locked. i remember asking him something in the thread but he sent me an sms to tell me that he was banned but. before that apparently he answered a question about basic channel and about the time he heard quadrant dub for the first time, misspelling a word, he wrote ''it was a jew dropping experience''. yeah! he should have been more careful, right?!

edit: this emoticon will hopefully signify something >>> :emotawesomepm9: (oh cmoooon!)

43 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Ik guess i havent been on watmm long enough tot notice any arguments or whatever other than that one in the ridge thread??

son-i-am-disappoint-2939770.png

3 hours ago, Uros said:

TLDR edition:

2 General cynicism

For those interested:

Hide contents

good post! 

So I guess it's never discuss politics, religion or autism at a watmm dinner party. Unless you want a massive fucking punch up.

*swigs on some grog, sharpens serving spoon*

I propose the forum equivalent of carbon offsetting - Any time you post something nasty about some someone/something you have to go into another thread to post something nice about someone/something.

Balance yer yings and your yangs and all that.

3 minutes ago, beer badger said:

So I guess it's never discuss politics, religion or autism at a watmm dinner party.

I think we can discuss without using the word "autism" as a slur though?

Maybe I'm just old and naive and idealistic, but not quite sure why we have to be flinging insults around anyways? I mean we can joke about silly things that people have said on the forum in the past (lord knows I've said my fair share), but I don't think it's wrong to expect discussions without throwing around terms that can be pejorative and hurtful.

Example - I can say I think it's idiotic to expect a vote for Trump will bring about more stability in the US. But it wouldn't be cool to say "You're an autistic incel if you vote for Trump."

Does that make sense to anyone else? ( @beer badger none of this was aimed at you, just used your post as a jumping in place).

Deliberate misunderstanding is also one of those beautiful things I wish will never get to this station. At least I haven't seen much such around. Once it gets here, it's one fun roller coaster ride to hell.

the whole autism thing which gets thrown around a lot has always gone over my head tbh, ignorance is bliss I guess

never understood why the word gets used so much

I'm here for the fucking tunes man ?

20 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I think we can discuss without using the word "autism" as a slur though?

Maybe I'm just old and naive and idealistic, but not quite sure why we have to be flinging insults around anyways? I mean we can joke about silly things that people have said on the forum in the past (lord knows I've said my fair share), but I don't think it's wrong to expect discussions without throwing around terms that can be pejorative and hurtful.

Example - I can say I think it's idiotic to expect a vote for Trump will bring about more stability in the US. But it wouldn't be cool to say "You're an autistic incel if you vote for Trump."

Does that make sense to anyone else? ( @beer badger none of this was aimed at you, just used your post as a jumping in place).

This is a community that has collectively agreed, for no apparent reason, that Clark, one of the featured artists, is confined to a wheelchair.

Joyrex is cancelled for hosting a disablist electronic music forum imo

Archived