IGNORED

Belle & Sebastian (best band ever??)

J3FF3R00

I agree that B&S are a completely different animal. However,  I have come across a few homages to VU in their work. 

One big one being this...

It’s basically a twee, Scottish version of that song.

I can see other subtler comparisons too. 

That one could definitely be an homage to the VU song.  The only band that occasionally comes to mind for me when I'm listening to B&S is The Smiths due to a lot of the melodies having a similar structure and complexity.  But I try not to dwell on it too much because being reminded of Morrissey can ruin anything.  There's probably a few dozen Scottish bands I've never heard in my life that play a bigger influence.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The instrumental arrangements on Modern Rock Song EP are reminding me a lot of VU actually, now that the idea's been planted in my head.

I actually worked my way through Push Barman To Open Old Wounds, Tigermilk, Sinister and Arab Strap on a walk yesterday. Proper Nostalgia Day.

Yeah Modern Rock Song ep is one of their best. Slow Graffiti might be their best track. (I disagree because I'm biased, but damn)

This is my fave ever B&S track

Followed by 

and I love how dark this one is

Archived