IGNORED

Watmm's favorite artists

thumbass

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there has been a few of these threads already? Anyway..

Autechre, Biosphere, Team Doyobi, Dominic Fernow (RSE in particular), Boards of Canada, Ceephax, Dead Can Dance, Björk, Fennesz, Seefeel, Gerald Donald, Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, RDJ, Earth, Neil Scrivin, Lee Perry, Bootsy Collins

Damon Albarn (especially Gorillaz and some classic Blur albums)

Squarepusher was my gateway to IDM and still holds a very special place in my heart

Oneohtrix Point Never is probably the most recent artist I really fell in love with, being a total fanboy, reading every interviews etc

David Bowie even tho I still have to listen to a lot of his material

15 minutes ago, zkom said:

I think there has been a few of these threads already? Anyway..

Autechre, Biosphere, Team Doyobi, Dominic Fernow (RSE in particular), Boards of Canada, Ceephax, Dead Can Dance, Björk, Fennesz, Seefeel, Gerald Donald, Luke Vibert, Squarepusher, RDJ, Earth, Neil Scrivin, Lee Perry, Bootsy Collins

Couldn't find em, sorry. And I haven't been one watmm for too long

Glenn Gould

Olivier Messiaen

Ae

Hermeto

These are the ones I find myself coming back to more often, but don't listen to them on a regular basis that much.

Edit:  I forgot Oneohtrix Point Never, but unfortunately I only like his stuff up to Replica.  He lost me after that.

7 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Shackleton 

definite contender for me as well and would have been my rotating fifth pick maybe 4-5 years ago. his sound took over my mind like a virus when I first heard it. incredible live.

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Skinny Puppy

big call, I find their work over time to be too inconsistent. VIVIsectVI is probably my favourite.

Autechre
VHS Head
Phono Ghosts / Meatbingo / Neil Scrivin
White Mask
S>>D
Lo Five
EOD
My Bloody Valentine
Joy Division
Nine Inch Nails
Ben Frost
The Tuss
Polypores
Alessandro Cortini
Pye Corner Audio / The Head Technician
SDEM /Tom Knapp
Scald Rougish
SND
Kraftwerk
Dean Hurley
Angelo Badalamenti
David Lynch

14 hours ago, usagi said:

big call, I find their work over time to be too inconsistent. VIVIsectVI is probably my favourite.

I love everything from the beginning through Last Rights. The Process was very inconsistent and felt like a totally different band, but has a few decent tracks. I only really respect it because it's the first "new Skinny Puppy" album that came out after I was introduced to them in 92. The reunion albums are not great, I only enjoy the material in a live setting as they manage it blend it in nicely with older material. So yeah, everything from The Process forward is very inconsistent. 

Archived