Kim Gordon – No Home Record

manmower

Release date: 11th October.

Available on black vinyl, limited white vinyl, CD, and cassette.

Merch bundles available featuring an album art tote bag and a t-shirt with film stills taken from the ’Sketch Artist’ music video directed by Loretta Fahrenholz. 

https://shopeu.matadorrecords.com/products/kim-gordon

Kim Gordon unveiled the bruising new single, “Sketch Artist,” from her debut solo album No Home Record, set to arrive October 11th via Matador.

The former Sonic Youth member also shared a video for “Sketch Artist,” directed by the Berlin-based experimental filmmaker Loretta Fahrenholz. In the clip, Gordon plays a driver for a ride share app called “Unter,” and as she drives passengers — including Broad City star Abbi Jacobson — around nighttime Los Angeles, her cold stare shocks pedestrians on the street into dancing fits.

No Home Record — whose title alludes to filmmaker Chantal Akerman’s No Home Movie — will feature eight other tracks from Gordon, including her 2016 single “Murdered Out.” Justin Raisen (Charli XCX, Ariel Pink, Sky Ferreira), Shawn Everett (The War on Drugs, The Voidz, Jim James) and composer/filmmaker Jake Meginsky all contributed production.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Seem to hate most of her tracks with Sonic Youth, so not exactly frothing wildly at the mouth to listen to her solo gubbins. Though I’m sure it’s probably worth at least a spin…….

Edited by beerwolf

I'm kinda the opposite and always preferred Kim songs to Thurston songs (in general, not as a rule). She has such a unique voice and character.  At the same time, she's not much of a "musician" as it were, more of a personality/performance artist. I wouldn't expect her solo stuff to be interesting musically. This one kinda seems to be all over the place. But that air bnb track was actually pretty good lol. 

fwiw I haven't looked at Thurston's solo stuff at all but I imagine the instrumentals are decent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

fwiw I haven't looked at Thurston's solo stuff at all but I imagine the instrumentals are decent.

That psychic hearts album of his was pretty great (for the time) and I still find myself having a song or two off of it bouncing around my head all these years later… but ultimately I’m kind of on team Kim, too… 

Come on get in the car…

On 8/16/2021 at 5:04 AM, Berk said:

Thurston was probably a huge douche in the breakup, but I'll take his music anytime over this stuff

that space rock cassette he did was good 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By sidewinder
      Darkside are back. Nicolás Jaar and Dave Harrington have shared “Liberty Bell,” their first new song in years. The duo has also announced it will release a new album, titled Spiral, in spring 2021 via Matador. Listen to “Liberty Bell” below.
      Nicolás Jaar and Dave Harrington released their debut DARKSIDE EP in 2011, before sharing their first full-length Psychic in 2013. The following year, they announced that the project was “coming to an end, for now,” and later played their last show at the Masonic Temple in Brooklyn in September 2014.
      According to a press release, Jaar and Harrington began writing new music together in 2018 and finished their new album in December 2019. The record is mixed by Rashad Becker and mastered by Heba Kadry.
      Recently, Darkside shared PSYCHIC LIVE JULY 17 2014, a live album capturing a show at Belgium’s Dour Festival.

• By basalt_slave
      Hello,
      Oct. 25 marked the release of my EP, Atelo, on Drvg Cvltvre's New York Haunted label, which has been home to Evol, Ekman, Ewa Justka, Loraine James and a load more killer music from the underground. Kind words from the label:
      "After his sensational EP last year, we are happy to welcome Itzel back to NYH! Again he sent us so much good music that it wasn't easy selecting some of it for a decent size release. This is one of those producers that constantly defies the way he or she creates music, thus opening new paths in the jungle of electronic music. Soft tingeled melodies are Itzel's machete and strange, unhinged rhythms are his looking glass.
      Itzel's sound is like a soft focus version of all of The Black Dog, Beaumont Hannant and B12's best tracks, updated into a 2019 sound palette. It is truly that great and that mind blowing. We can only hope for a resurgence of electronic music of this high quality!"
      Assuming most users on WATMM are likely fans of The Black Dog, Beaumont Hannant and B12; we truly hope you enjoy this release. Its conception was adventurous. Thank you for listening!
      https://newyorkhaunted.bandcamp.com/album/nyh178-itzel-atelo [embed code not working]
      €3 Digital Album 
      The same day, a companion EP, Aglossia, was released -- FREE DL:
      https://itzzzelll.bandcamp.com/album/aglossia
      Best,
      Itzel

• By ghOsty
      Well it's that time of year again, time for another annual Halloween mix!!! Now on the 7th year of this tradition, I'm proud to keep the spooky vibes coming. Another blended mix of dark heavy rhythms, growling synths, and eerie vibes for whatever spookiness you may get up to this month. PM me if you want a DL...

Tracklist:

Meemo Comma - Lake Besides // Pessimist & Karim Maas - A7 // Ossia - Devil's Dance // Scorn - Feather // Hide - Close Your Eyes // Fret - Slowly Moving In // Overlook - The Totem That Guides Us // Cub - Seeing From Above // Chafik Chennouf & Katsunori Sawa - Time Of Deceit // Lonefront - Chariot // Karim Maas - Civilize // Broken English Club - Funny Games // Pinch - Walking With Shadows // Katsunori Sawa - Frozen Dirt Trace // Mmph - Tragedy (Roly Porter Remix) // Brick Reds, Black Mauves - Cabochon 
    • By Nil
      https://eaux.ro/album/hymn-to-moisture
      “Hymn to Moisture” explores embodiment in natural phenomena by playing with microtonal and unstable tunings, shifting overtones, and integrated modulations that make it difficult to separate tone from noise. Evoking wind, water, rock, and flesh, the album occupies multiple spaces simultaneously: abrasive and tranquil, propulsive and meditative, familiar and alien. It shows an equal reverence for techno pioneers such as Jeff Mills, Pan Sonic, and Plastikman as it does for composers such as Eliane Radigue, Laurie Spiegel, and Phill Niblock. “Hymn to Moisture” is Rrose’s first solo album, and it unfolds with the scrupulous care and patience that defines all of Rrose’s auditory experiments. The album marks the artist’s most refined work to date. 

Since its inception in 2011, the Rrose project has spawned over a dozen vinyl EPs on Sandwell District, Stroboscopic Artefacts, Infrastructure, and their own Eaux label as well as three collaborative albums with Bob Ostertag (on Buchla 200E modular synthesizer), Charlemagne Palestine (for two pianos), and Lucy (as Lotus Eater) respectively. A fourth album-length project on Seattle’s Further Records saw Rrose reinterpreting and extending James Tenney’s monolithic 1971 piece “Having Never Written a Note for Percussion” for solo gong. “Hymn to Moisture” is Rrose's first solo album of original material.

Instabuy.
    • By Utter Ninja
      Listen to Slimepit on psa mission 40

http://penrynspaceagency.com/showinfo.php?mission=040
      1:37:40

releasedate on psa says 24-01-2018