IGNORED

my fancy mud pit

Psychotronic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

17:30 (in the first video) is where is gets really interesting.  Is that a granular effect ?

Also, are you generating tones algorithmically, or are they somehow emerging from the wooden thing ?

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 1

chain 1:

contact mic, mic preamp, bass limiter pedal, filter lancet, octatrack and then into the clean channel of the amplifi-30

chain 2:

lyra-8, bass limiter, guitar channel of the amplifi-30

What you hear at 17:30 in the first vid is just the lyra-8 feed through it's chain. The granular sounding effect is caused by the dual delay of the lyra-8, triggered by it's hyper lfo. The sound is also pressed against the brickwall by the limiter pedal behind it, which enhances all the weird sound artifacts that the lyra-8 produces.

At ~18:00 i bring in a sample on the octatrack. The contact mic doesn't do anything at that time. :catfallen:

Edited by Psychotronic
  • Like 2

I was wondering more about the pitched tones that appear throughout the video, like the bassline in the early bits.  It doesn't sound like it's manually sequenced to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

I was wondering more about the pitched tones that appear throughout the video, like the bassline in the early bits.  It doesn't sound like it's manually sequenced to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

A vermona filter lancet is doing that. If the resonance for its filter is set to about 60% it starts to very cleanly self oscillate, so it can be used as filter or as a one oscillator synthesizer, which is what i like about. Actually if you count in the lfo section that can be set to audio rate it could actually be counted as two OSC FM unit. :catsalute:

10 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

It looks like a much more user-friendly version of the Sidrax Organ

I never had the chance to play one. Could be.

The weird thing about the lyra- 8 is that all parts are interconnected. I can see even the sounds bleeding through into the hyper lfo unit. It's bascially one big 8 osc feedback unit, that can do all kinds of weird sounds using fm.

Edited by Psychotronic

12 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I think the Sidrax is like that, too.  I haven't played with one but I have a Cocoquantus and that one is interconnected in a similar way.

Nice. That's also a neat instrument. I should check these out anyways, i always wanted but never go to the point of buying one. The only banana system i have is the phenol.

• 3 months later...

I'm just upping some Bandcamp Releases assembled from the trash pile of the last 20 years:

East Germany influenced techno brutalo trash:

Weirder noise, industrial, glitch stuff:

More to come soon. HF.

:catfallen:

Edited by Psychotronic
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mirrorfist

As it was done long time ago, i used in parts jeskola buzz and some buffer grain vst weirdo shit and the good old dblue glitch and for other tracks self programmed reactor 5 setup called tribox. The music is in parts extremely sample heavy, some of these loops were done by very early versions of fruity loops and ableton. All of that happened at a time where i had a lot of software.

Experimentalmusik für Tiere und Pflanzen

Mainly cubase, that's why it sounds so different. It's fully composed music.

get online, get psycho

Rebirth, a very early Fruity Loops and magix musik maker

Transformation und Öffnung

Rebirth, Fruity loops, magix musik maker and jeskola buzz

Wired tales

Self programmed reactor setups, some reaper and renoise

Poststructural Polypig

Hardware with the electron octatrack centering my setup. Samples were mainly pre produced with renoise.

Edited by Psychotronic
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Even the cum is cumming at you, cumming cum cum

You are cum, cum some cum, drink cum

In other words: Very cool cum and cumming cum, the cum cums into a huge cum  with cum of cumming cum, really cum and cum

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Even the walls are laughing at you, pathetic little human

You are worthless, grow some arms, drink them

In other words: Very cool textures and psychotic atmospheres, the reverbs suck you into a huge dark void with clouds of sizzling electronic artifacts, really immersive and spacious

If you stare at wall for too long, words will appear. A message about your safety and all that you done wrong so far.  :psyduck:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...