thumbass

Has Clark left Warp?

has clark warped left?

On 4/27/2020 at 6:27 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Edit: see I'm in the huge minority (I think) that actually liked Iradelphic. That was his last proper release for me. Some complained he was hanging out with Wilkinson too much at the time but I enjoyed how much different it sounded than his other output BUT was still undeniably Clark. 

just wanted to say you're not alone man. big Iradelphic fan here. the beats weren't as huge as what he'd done before and I guess that didn't please some folks, but it still had the undeniably Clark sound you mentioned.

for me, I don't ever think he'll be able to top Body Riddle. that IMO is his masterpiece and what elevated him from just another artist on the warp roster to established boss.

• Like 1

I liked Body Riddle's sound but not enough to find it relistenable, maybe I need to give it a chance. Just came and went to my ears. Good complex sound but nothing catchy to me. Doesn't help that Clark's albums lack coherence to me ? 

Body Riddle was blowing my mind when I was 15. One of the biggest influences on my sound. It felt like he perfectly refined the influences by the papas like BoC and Aphex and made them modern.

• Like 2

totems flare + growls garden ep = his magnum opus

body riddle, ted ep, turning dragon, totems flare, a few tracks off iradelphic, and a few tracks off feast beast. i think i pretty much stopped after that.

huge influence on me though.

if i had to pick one album, probably would be turning dragon. from track 4 to the end, perfection.

i got so into microscenes in 2014 that i totally stopped following major artists.

Remember buying ETBOY one or two weeks after release date, fall 2003, loved it a lot. Body riddle was nice but after that it went downhill IMHO.

• Like 1

lol funny shit

On 6/5/2020 at 7:49 AM, mcbpete said:

Anyone heard the rather nutty piece he's just done for the CARE4LIFE compilation (Track 20). Thought Blerp had Blerped up the preview order !

https://bleep.com/release/191412-various-artists-care4life/

cryin didn't expect this hearing the preview on beatport

• Like 1