xyz888

Sounds interesting, don't know if I'll get this CD though

On 8/29/2019 at 6:55 PM, Joyrex said:

Limited to 1000 CD/LP, and there's a (presumably) updated picture of Tom (haven't seen him in ages): https://www.beatink.com/products/detail.php?product_id=10469&transactionid=4f091d1553d513d5fed0c103eaa3875fbf710457

From "Warp", which celebrated its 30th anniversary this year, Square Pusher, Tom Jenkinson, composes, and the world-famous organist James McVinney's monster "All Night Chroma" will be released on September 27th.  CD / LP is limited to 1000 in the world, with numbering, inevitable!

Tom looking old right there

I didn't know what to expect at all and was sort of waiting for the squarepusher part to kick in. Tundra-style breaks? A bass guitar? ? Nevertheless it sounds good...

5 hours ago, chim said:

I didn't know what to expect at all and was sort of waiting for the squarepusher part to kick in. Tundra-style breaks? A bass guitar? ? Nevertheless it sounds good...

Yeah, the songwriting is so typically Squarepusheresque that I expected amen breaks to drop at any moment despite knowing it was an organ album lol.

Looking forward to this release!

You can preorder it from Bleep here: https://bleep.com/release/140677-james-mcvinnie-all-night-chroma

Doesn't seem to be any difference between the JPN and domestic releases.

Odd too that WARP/Bleep aren't promoting this more - I don't recall seeing anything from either about this...

• 2 weeks later...

Tracks like ‘Flutes’ recall harmonious pieces by Louis Vierne or Charles-Marie Widor while more challenging entries such as ‘Bombardes & Cymbel’ turn towards 20th Century leaders like Olivier Messiaen. Elsewhere on All Night Chroma the slowly-shifting sands of ‘Voix Celestes’ nods to contemporary voices like Sarah Davachi.

I don't get the hate. I received my copy today, no. 432.

It's a great record. Tom shows again his versatility - here his compositional talent is showcased in it's best.

"Mixtures" is a real gem! I love it!

PS.: Obviously he doesn't give a fuck, what fanboys of his "Feed Me Hard Normal Big Loadas"-era expect. And I'm glad about this. He shouldn't.

I love me some Mr. Jenkinson.

Sounds like he bought the latest version of Kontakt, hit record, and messed around with the Vintage Organs sound pack for a half hour.

Mutations With Reeds sounds like The Clangers being attacked by vampire bats, and then finally by Count Dracula himself!

Haha pretty funny tune

In fact as the album plays right now I'm definitely getting the overwhelming feeling of Clangers being hunted by vampires in a Hammer House of Horror On The Moon. 

Classic stuff!

Archived