IGNORED

Kanye West - Jesus is King

Nebraska

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it bad I hate Kanyes personality? Never been a fan of egotist artists or whenever an artist does a ridiculous PR stunt, like what Kanye was probably doing with Trump last year. its hard to even tell with this man. I like his work a lot, I want to review all his pre-ye discography since I have tons of favorite singular tracks, but this album didn't do it for me much. Felt very rushed with the poor mixing (which apparently kind of was fixed?) and Kanye's voice and flows were embarrassing but memeable at parts. Reminded me a bit like The Big Day but way shorter and not as memeable.

I think at this point his music is just an extension of the same tendencies that make him charge hundreds of dollars for a ripped sweatshirt. 

I think if he did this all to troll the preacher n sneakers types, it would be genius. Triumphant brilliance, even. But this is how meaningless things have become. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/nyregion/preachers-sneakers-instagram-account.html

i love that kanye is marketing off shit we can all obviously do in fuckin ms paint, that's fuckin so tight, that nigga setting the standard and is basically like, aye, um, i kinda didn't make much of an effort.
i'm kinda fucked up on coffee, so this should b fun to explain.

kanye has always been an intense admirer of art, to the extent that he has actively designed all types of shit, weather it be from a shoe/fashion to building/architect.
he's inspired by innovators of craft and i feel he's great at displaying his taste in art.

the life of pablo is easily a cover you or your younger nephew could create. it was labeled as post modern. 

image.thumb.png.c4442ce149d2731f129652e51aea42a9.png

kanye owns the label Good Music, Pusha T is kanye's vice president to that label.

Pusha T originally wanted the cover of his last album to be a watch, because that was the kind of watch that a drug dealer would wear as a sign of status. being that Pusha's songs are mainly themed around being a coke dealer, kanye wanted to volunteer and pay $85,000 for a picture of whitney houston's bathroom which depicted a scene of her environment when she was deep into her drug adiction.
Pusha T Daytona Album Cover Artwork

kanye took this album cover on the side of the road on the way to his listening party near a ranch in wyoming where he recorded Ye
8F8KzOrnYo6C1a6oVes7NYCT-VzbhtjqASLLxX4Xs-w.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=ea5654fd8496dddee8b6f16a73d2b782eccba6c7 

i love the whole diy. i'mma google images of jesus and sell it as my own approach.

the formula is not hard at all, it's so hilarious that it makes it genius.

I can't know about this for obvious reasons but it seems like it would be really difficult to be a famous black man in America. The range restriction is unreal and even though it looks like Kanye is wilin' most of the time, I really appreciate his desire to be free; free from expectations or agendas like Dave Chappelle. I know it has the shine of tin foil but beware weaponized psychiatry. The more you hear that someone is "off the reservation" or "nuts", the closer you should listen. Especially if they're a minority of any kind. The ol' 80/20 split in effect: 80% is bluster and fanfare but 20% is pretty based. 

TO be fair... i think it's less Kanye's own DIY attitude and more just hiring this company to do the designs:

https://www.cactusplantfleamarket.com/

9 hours ago, xxx said:

I can't know about this for obvious reasons but it seems like it would be really difficult to be a famous black man in America. The range restriction is unreal and even though it looks like Kanye is wilin' most of the time, I really appreciate his desire to be free; free from expectations or agendas like Dave Chappelle. I know it has the shine of tin foil but beware weaponized psychiatry. The more you hear that someone is "off the reservation" or "nuts", the closer you should listen. Especially if they're a minority of any kind. The ol' 80/20 split in effect: 80% is bluster and fanfare but 20% is pretty based.

Yeah listening close makes me feel like Ye doesnt have a grasp on his own concept. have you listened to these recent interviews? Ideas that go in circles.

1 hour ago, colunga said:

TO be fair... i think it's less Kanye's own DIY attitude and more just hiring this company to do the designs:

https://www.cactusplantfleamarket.com/

Yeah listening close makes me feel like Ye doesnt have a grasp on his own concept. have you listened to these recent interviews? Ideas that go in circles.

ye is fine, i would notice because i to have bipolar and predicted his bipolar before he came out. seent all his interviews, the i liked the one with zane lowe, the one with big boy was a lil intense.

^^ he'll be (legally) changing his name before he runs though:

West, however, wants you to know he's not a millionaire — he's a billionaire. The rapper floated the idea of legally changing his name to "Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West," just so everyone knows it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kanye-west-christian-genius-billionaire-wants-to-change-name-run-for-president-of-the-united-states-after-jesus-is-king/

7 hours ago, jules said:

He says he is running for president in 2024 and I really hope he does. That would be just amazing to watch...

When I run for president in 2024, we would've created so many jobs that I'm not going to run, I'm going to walk

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/11/08/kanye-west-says-hes-running-president-2024/2527854001/

Archived