Watmm's Drone Club

Lachesi

5 hours ago, no part of it said:

Drone Records in Germany is really a go-to for this, lesser known stuff.  

Also, while NWW is mentioned in this thread, and I do love Soliloquoy for Lilith, "Salt" is one of my favorite drone/ambient things:

There’s some chatter elsewhere about the provenance of Salt & the Horse Hospital release. Included it with A Missing Sense & Beware the African Mosquito (Blue Lacuna mix) on this, with TPS & Andrew Liles odds n sods

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello drone lovers, I'd like to start sharing and discovering live drone videos.

I'll start with this italian percussionist who developed this awesome technique (stunning drone starts at minute 15)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New article on La Monte Young. Great read. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/22/t-magazine/la-monte-young.html

He's in debt at 84 years old. This thread would not exist without him
This is the GoFundMe page for anyone who might be interested

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/save-the-dream-house-keep-our-dream-alive

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By feltopptak
      Andrea Porcu - The Healing Power Of The Moog

Inspired by the "The Healing Forces of Music: History, Theory, and Practice" Book by Randall McClellan.

• By Soloman Tump
      I am starting a new radio show, the first episode is tonight, 9pm GMT via https://soundartradio.org.uk/
      "The Tump Clump" is just an hour, once a month, of mainly new music I have discovered from all over the place.
      A mix of vinyl / digital and me chattering.  
      Taking in noise, drone, improv, experimental, industrial, techno and even some sludge drone metal stuff this time.  Basically, my usual melting pot (if anyone has read my zines its like that)
      This was recorded in my shed.  Due to covid restrictions still in place - live broadcasting is not possible for everyone yet from the real studios.   I recorded it live in one take and you can tell as I fluff up a few times and my vocals are quiet / mashed a bit with the vox I added.  Hey ho.  A learning experience.  The music is the key.
      From the studios I plan to do live vinyl mixes plus I want to do a live techno/noise jam with my hardware.
      And I am allowed phone interviews too if anyone fancies it - lol - no swearing tho.
      Artwork by the fantastic blackcloudsummoner - I feature one of the collaborative tracks with Territorial Gobbing under the WET MIRROR name.
      Always looking for new tunes to play in future shows so HMU.
      Shows will go up on Mixcloud after - Ill stick links up here after.

Cheers

Soloman Tump

• By Shimon_Shimon
      I'm not familiar Novi_sad, but today sees the release of his first album for Raster. Already loving this. Field recordings intermingle with diaphanous tones, sometimes punctuated by moments of noise. Oceania starts off the album with processed field recordings, soon delivers a gut punch, before the relaxing again. One of those tracks that will give you a jolt if you've got your music on shuffle. 
      I've been very impressed with the direction Raster has taken since the dissolution of Raster-Noton.

• By auxien
      https://lineimprint.bandcamp.com/album/earths-shadow

good droney stuff. a lot of his tends towards experimental weirdness but this one doesn't go quote too far that way but still definitely comes from that place, just ends up a bit more emotional and open. haven't grabbed it yet, may wait til Bandcamp Friday (this upcoming Friday, i think?)

• By VIII
      Submersion - Momentum
      https://audio.submersion.info/album/momentum
      CD/DL Rerelease (Reworked Audio) | May 2021
      01 Expansion of a Moment (20:32)
      02 Discordance Congruence (15:01)
      03 Light Filtering Through (15:00)
      04 Accreted (17:59)
      05 Accreted (Reprocess) (19:36) — Digital Bonus
      Synth / Effects
      Sound Collages
      Feedback
      Lake Shore
      Train
      Thunderstorms / Rain / Birds
      Night Insects
      Night Coyotes / Voices
      W/P by Justin Francazio
      Original audio (alternate version): 2012-2013
      New arrangement, mixing, and mastering: April 2021
      Accreted (Reprocess): April 2021
      Momentum was originally released in 2014 as an experimental long-form digital album.
      1:28:08
      submersion.info
      soundcloud.com/submersion