IGNORED

Daniel Lopatin - Uncut Gems (Original Soundtrack)

SeparateHold

Oneohtrix Point Never is scoring another film! The last one he scored was Good Time in 2018. Just like that one, this is being released by A24.

The film is called "Uncut Gems," and stars Adam Sandler(?!), Lakeith Stanfield, Julia Fox, Kevin Garnett, Idina Menzel, Eric Bogosian, and Judd Hirsch.

You can read more about it on A24's site right here.

spacer.png

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Oneohtrix Point Never - Uncut Gems (Original Soundtrack)
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 6:52 AM, thief said:

i'm assuming this will be more Punch Drunk Love-Sandler than [insert shitty comedy here]-Sandler??

I fucking LOVE serious Sandler, this guy can do pathos like no-one else right now. LOVED punch drunk love, and reign over me. CANT WAIT FOR THIS FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!

I'm gonna approach OST with caution. As big of a fanboy on Lopatin as I am, I bought "Good Time", listened to it around 5 times and can't remember anything beyond Iggy and this swelling part somewhere towards the end. Not particularly compelled to drag it out again either although the film was great fun and the music definitely worked as intended. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Daniel Lopatin - Uncut Gems (Original Soundtrack)
On 10/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, dr lopez said:

hmm it's not "hollywood detritus" but.. it's a soundtrack. soundtracks are boring to listen to, never understood why soundtracks were treated with any interest.

• 1 month later...

I gave this album a listen during my commute this morning but most of the tracks are very calm and the subway clearly wasn't an optimal setting to discover those tracks haha.

The Ballad of Howie Bling is awesome, and overall it feels like a new direction for OPN. Will give it another listen while reading a book at home or something.

On 12/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, colunga said:

what is the song in the trailer?

track 17, title track "Uncut Gems". been trying to think of a good circumcision joke for weeks now but unfortunately nothing yet 8[

On 12/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, malaria said:

Wow, this is great. I wasn’t super into the Good Time OST, but am really digging this. 

Dangelis is now bae.

wasn't super into good time ost as a stand alone release aside from a few tracks myself but absolutely loved the way that music worked in the film as whole. this one seems to stand on it's own a little better imo. definitely getting vangelis vibes similarly to how the tangerine dream was all over good time. i really like how he's exploring his favourite film composer influences by actually making legit soundtracks himself, also getting some geinoh, ryuichi vibes here and there. what others influences, that are obvious, are you guys hearing? was a little conflicted about listening to this b4 seeing the movie but glad i did, its not like i could resist for too long anyways and the movie prly wont be avail on disc for another 4-6 mnths sooo....

Archived