IGNORED

Magic Autist's Trax Box

koolkeyZ865

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the input on the vocoder in these tracks is going in a different rhythm than the vocals.  Am I correct ?  The effect sounds really, really cool to me, anyway.  It reminds me of Returnal by Oneohtrix Point Never.  Vocoded supersaws are a great way of blending vocals into the track without taking focus away from the synths and overall atmosphere, and also colors the aural landscape with recognizable patterns that sound more distant than they should.

Wild and Free sounds like it could do with a more detailed bass frequencies, though.  Maybe taking away from the sustain on the sine wave and attenuating the 120-200hz range.  There's a lot going on in the mid frequency range that doesn't feel like it's allowed to breathe properly until the bass cuts out.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dig tra that are this sorta length. Feels like I'm just getting glimpses of a much longer piece. My mind fills in the details. It's like in movies when they don't show you too much of the monster: whatever yer mind comes up with is way scarier than anything that could actually exist. Like the musical equivalent of the blood orgy scene from Event Horizon

that being said there are some real pretty sounds on these...I especially like "Hummingbird", that one feels very complete even at that length. Some of the others definitely feel more like sketching out ideas, which appeals more to the producer side of my brain - would rather hear a few very loose but evocative threads rather than something that's extremely "finished" sounding but unremarkable. 282v3 sounds like a cross between a trap beat & some kinda arcade video game full of neon geometric shapes (the vocal sound is nicely mixed). These tracks jump around a lot but it doesn't ever feel random..."diving" is okay...ooh, "soulseek" is really good tho, feels the most like a conventional full track so far. That acid line has a great texture. "rat vibes" also feels like it could be a rap beat of some sort. "Polygon Tapestry" has the best title imo

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:11 AM, mngosx said:

little idea brewing

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

well.mp3 2.68 MB · 28 downloads

Very pretty sounds so far, it feels like it straddles the line between organic and mechanical... like it could be a lively forest, or it could be a bunch of chattering machines. It would be nice to hear this extended out with more bass added and some more melodic or harmonic progression, but I can also imagine this working just fine as it is an interlude between a couple of more lively, fuller tracks.

7 hours ago, mngosx said:

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

samplee.mp3 1.04 MB · 12 downloads

This sounds promising. Great distortion on the low end but the snares lack punch, if you extend this out to a full length piece I can imagine the high-end and the snares getting louder and gnarlier as it progresses, until it matches the ferocity of the bass drums.

• Thanks 1