IGNORED

Magic Autist's Trax Box

koolkeyZ865

7 hours ago, mngosx said:

filled the track out quite a bit; also added a secondary section at the end. mixing needs some work and it needs polish, but overall I'm very happy with it so far!

fullersketch.mp3 5.64 MB · 2 downloads

Yeah, this is definitely getting exciting. I think with a couple of careful decisions you could bring it home.

I'd like to hear more of the main melody that starts at 0:47... Actually I can hear it played with a different sound after 2:00, so possibly you just need to turn that up in the mix.

Also, maybe that second section at 1:55 could build up slower. I.e. it would be cool after all the madness of the first section if it stayed chill for a bit. I think you could mull around for an extra half minute before bringing in the lasers, at least.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mngosx said:

further realized version

decent1.mp3 5.35 MB · 0 downloads

Love it. I listened to the first one too and I think you're definitely taking this in the right direction. The groove is really cool and mellow and this is one of those tunes I really just wish for it to keep going without too much change. The melody at around 1:50 fits nicely as well. It'll sit well with the other track you're working on.

In terms of mixing it could probably do with some EQ, I feel like the bass is getting in the way of the other instruments. At least take a look at that humming bass sound. The boom is great though.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Love it. I listened to the first one too and I think you're definitely taking this in the right direction. The groove is really cool and mellow and this is one of those tunes I really just wish for it to keep going without too much change. The melody at around 1:50 fits nicely as well. It'll sit well with the other track you're working on.

In terms of mixing it could probably do with some EQ, I feel like the bass is getting in the way of the other instruments. At least take a look at that humming bass sound. The boom is great though.

made the bass a little less crazy in the new mix; I definitely agree. I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 10:44 AM, French said:

This kinda rules, care to explain what daw/vsts/fx/etc you used? 

Thank you! I'm running on a pretty low powered machine since I've been living nomadically over the past year, so it's a barebones setup. I use FL Studio, all stock plugins besides some Arturia plugins and Valhalla Supermassive. CPU usage goes to unusable levels when I stack too many third party plugins on. 

Wouldn't mind some recommendations on some free/cheap low CPU intensive plugins, especially FX

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...