Magic Autist's Trax Box

The aquatic sounds at the beginning are really nice.  Yea I'd also like to see what this sounds like as more than a sketch.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whipped this up pretty quickly this afternoon and I'm pretty happy with the foundation that I have so far. Will give updates on progress (hopefully) earlysketch.mp3

further realized version  

filled the track out quite a bit; also added a secondary section at the end. mixing needs some work and it needs polish, but overall I'm very happy with it so far!

fullersketch.mp3

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mngosx said:

filled the track out quite a bit; also added a secondary section at the end. mixing needs some work and it needs polish, but overall I'm very happy with it so far!

fullersketch.mp3 5.64 MB · 2 downloads

Yeah, this is definitely getting exciting. I think with a couple of careful decisions you could bring it home.

I'd like to hear more of the main melody that starts at 0:47... Actually I can hear it played with a different sound after 2:00, so possibly you just need to turn that up in the mix.

Also, maybe that second section at 1:55 could build up slower. I.e. it would be cool after all the madness of the first section if it stayed chill for a bit. I think you could mull around for an extra half minute before bringing in the lasers, at least.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

further realized version

Edited by mngosx
fixed mixing+perc, added soundcloud link
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mngosx said:

further realized version

decent1.mp3 5.35 MB · 0 downloads

Love it. I listened to the first one too and I think you're definitely taking this in the right direction. The groove is really cool and mellow and this is one of those tunes I really just wish for it to keep going without too much change. The melody at around 1:50 fits nicely as well. It'll sit well with the other track you're working on.

In terms of mixing it could probably do with some EQ, I feel like the bass is getting in the way of the other instruments. At least take a look at that humming bass sound. The boom is great though.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, ArtificialDisco said:

Love it. I listened to the first one too and I think you're definitely taking this in the right direction. The groove is really cool and mellow and this is one of those tunes I really just wish for it to keep going without too much change. The melody at around 1:50 fits nicely as well. It'll sit well with the other track you're working on.

In terms of mixing it could probably do with some EQ, I feel like the bass is getting in the way of the other instruments. At least take a look at that humming bass sound. The boom is great though.

made the bass a little less crazy in the new mix; I definitely agree. I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 1

This has a really thick groove, and it offsets the glassy pad really well.  I think I'm listening to the newer version, as the bass seems pretty under control.

• Like 1