IGNORED

The Roland Grooveboxes Are Back!

Joyrex

I got a free MC303 a couple years ago.  Liked it more than I expected but it sat in my closet a while and then I gave it to a friend last spring to sequence his Axolotis.

Anyway, nice job of making your minimum wage barista deliver your paper cup coffee to the table and then ignoring him, jackass.

mc303 sucked really hard but it was quite popular. seeing a classmate in high school jam with one was what made me realize that electronic music was something i could do as well. before that I had no idea how to get started. A couple years of begging later and I had an MC505 and altered the course of my life quite a bit.  another friend of mine in HS got an mc303 as well.  

that being said, jamming around in a coffee shop like that is just asking to get jumped.

The thing I liked about the MC303 was the sequencer buttons, they felt really nice.  Also it had a good arpeggiator (something like 130 patterns), so it was fun to sometimes pull it out and just use it for that.

And, you know

I like it but surely an Electribe is more powerful and its two hundred less. I mean the form factor is pretty cool on the MC101 but a 4 track sequencer even for someone like me seems kinda limited!!

I was planning to buy the TR8S but after checking this machine I will definetily purchase it. The fact that you can sample and sequence anything at channel level gives it a powerful utility. Seems that they were inspired by ableton push.

The best part is that's is also an AIRA product, so will be compatible with Mx1

See ya,

Absolutely NO ONE would be bobbing like that making music in a coffee shop.

Maybe you would go in the corner and face the wall with a sullen look, but you would have to displace the spreadsheet meeting.

I could however feasibly imagine someone taking a groovebox out, then scrolling their phone without ever making any music.

Her being interrupted at the end is exactly why you shouldn't make music in a cafe.

On 9/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, TubularCorporation said:

Anyway, nice job of making your minimum wage barista deliver your paper cup coffee to the table and then ignoring him, jackass.

"I've been calling your name for the past 10 minutes. Here's your lukewarm coffee."

On 9/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, sheatheman said:

Absolutely NO ONE would be bobbing like that making music in a coffee shop.

Maybe you would go in the corner and face the wall with a sullen look, but you would have to displace the spreadsheet meeting.

I could however feasibly imagine someone taking a groovebox out, then scrolling their phone without ever making any music.

I go for it when I'm making tunes on the tube. I bob my head etc. I don't care what folks think. If I'm feeling a tune I'm working then I definitely don't want to suppress that lol.

Archived