IGNORED

hi all.......

david1806

OK, OK guys - you got me!!  Broke the rules - my ass!!!!!  I must of read those feckin rules about a dozen times, I'm thinking "is because I mentioned Reason, and it's 'advertising'?  Or because I said about my Beatles remix?"  Anyway, sorry to tell you that someone put me out of my misery and told me about your little welcome.....good one!

And the YouTube vidoes - what can I say? Priceless - made me chuckle, so it did.....thanks for that, now I feel all warm and fuzzy.

About to pop my Beatles remix up....

David i'll flip you over and break your ass if you put that Beatles remix up. The Beatles are far too contrived a source for vocal samples, I want to see you look deeper into the musical abyss. Read the "Hauntology" thread if you need some inspiration. You will have never have seen such a bunch of awesome guys hanging out in the one spot. You can mine them for ideas and you can get samples from their field recordings to use instead of the Beatles lyrics. You're track will sound much more original. How long will it take for you to edit the track into this definitive version? 

25 minutes ago, Schlitze said:

David i'll flip you over and break your ass if you put that Beatles remix up. The Beatles are far too contrived a source for vocal samples, I want to see you look deeper into the musical abyss. Read the "Hauntology" thread if you need some inspiration. You will have never have seen such a bunch of awesome guys hanging out in the one spot. You can mine them for ideas and you can get samples from their field recordings to use instead of the Beatles lyrics. You're track will sound much more original. How long will it take for you to edit the track into this definitive version? 

:cisfor:

Ceeriously. 

If that Hauntology thread doesn’t produce results, try this one (that aghast track is :emotawesomepm9:)...

1 hour ago, Schlitze said:

I want to see you look deeper into the musical abyss

Those are some amazing words.

Additionally, I would recommend making a playlist for samples on youtube! Random youtube videos can have the coolest sounds ever. It also helps to leave a comment for yourself about where the sample was located in the video. checking through 10,20,30 minute vids to find 1 sample can be difficult. 

Attaching images in case none of this made sense... 

Here's the playlist i have: 

image.png.0e764ab4dd270d7cb31027e5f4829f73.png

Here's a video I want to sample:

image.png.8d373e83df0052936d7a2a82faae0be2.png

Here's me leaving myself a timestamp:
image.png.9f3019a4cdaf39b01725366e41dc3851.png

Using youtube like this to find samples is really fun and gives your tracks a certain "random" element that I really like. I love sampling weird videos with barely any views. (example)

I'm sure i'm not the first person to recommend doing this, but it's one of my favorite things to to when making music.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, hello spiral said:

commence docking

I suggest the best threads to start with on your WATMM JOURNEY are these ones

wasn't there a time when the skrillex thread was mandatory reading for all new members? :^)

9 hours ago, Schlitze said:

David i'll flip you over and break your ass if you put that Beatles remix up. The Beatles are far too contrived a source for vocal samples

By breaking your ass, Schlitze means invoking Pazuzu & anally raping you demonically. No lube though, just gentleman’s relish.

Draw a circle, light candles @ n.s.e.w. & step inside. Use Dion Fortune’s banishing rituals & then use the constituent haunting jpg content as inverted sigils. Plus, play Reign in Blood on loop around 200db, really focuses your intention 

spacer.png

Fish Beast Man is coming to get you!!

If you are miles from any saltwater and suddenly you smell the foul stench of a what could be described as a cesspit of an aquatic graveyard, then you run!

Or instead you could have a glass of wine or beer, or a cup of tea and put your feet up and put some tunes on.

Archived