IGNORED

What reverbs are y’all using?

Limo

8 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

Never understood Valhalla hype. Like, they sounded good when I used them but not sure what sets them apart.

we all like what we like. i think the valhalla verbs are great.. i use all of them. his delay is one of my favorite things. it's just amazing and so good for everyday delay stuff but for sound design weirdness it's exceptional and it even makes some nice reverbs.. plus.. for $50 they far exceed their asking price. the talk i posted is pretty good all around reverb info.he gives lot's of thoughts and opinions on many other verbs and verb types as well as why he made the choices he did in his reverbs.  ubermod and shimmer and the valhalla spacemodulator freebie are tops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That’s for sure true regarding one man operations. That video is pretty interesting too

i do think the ableton stock reverb is excellent, and it’s been my main reverb for the past 5 years, but my relationship with it lately is a little dull.

2 hours ago, b born droid said:

This is what I have and it's fucking immense.  Worth every penny and to be honest I've delved into about 20% of it.

i couldnt decide what to buy, the bigsky or eventide space or oto bam or bim or boum ... at the end ive bought the analog heat ?‍♂️

@bendish

didnt know kush have a reverb

@sheatheman

ive been waiting for propellerhead to release the RV7000 reverb as a vst plugin for ages and they finally did something like that; if you buy Reason 11 you can use every synth and efx from Reason as a vst import to another DAW! yey! ?

Edited by xox

23 hours ago, ceiling said:

always loved renoises own reverb, i think with redux you can use it within your own DAW of choice. Was thinking about getting redux just for this reason. 

Really? Do you have some tips on how to use it well? Because in my own - admittedly brief - experiments with it I couldn't get it to not sound like a gritty Freeverb type device.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, rhmilo said:

Really? Do you have some tips on how to use it well? Because in my own - admittedly brief - experiments with it I couldn't get it to not sound like a gritty Freeverb type device.

I guess that's probably why i like it haha, it has a unique sound to it. Always find it easier to place things in the mix when im using it. 

I'm talking about the mpreverb by the way. 

post-19174-0-02599300-1515438521_thumb.jpg

I forgot about the mighty Audio Centron TFX1-SP.  I don't use it much but when I do there's nothing else that sounds like it.  Makes the reverb in the original Korg MiniKP sound like a Bricasti, and I mean that as a compliment.  Not sure if it's the best $12 I've ever spent but it's a contender.

The compressor in the photo I gave away a while ago.  Wasn't actually bad just aggressively unremarkable.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Also you have to try airwindows reverb plugins MV and NonlinearSpace they are awesome and kinda alien at the same time (Starchild is cool too but pretty obvious)

Edited by kausto
  • Like 2

The way that thing sounds, well, you said you didn't care about form factor but I for one would much prefer the far smaller MS-70CDR. I have no idea how much that thing costs though - I'd probably hazard a guess at $75? So yeah twice as much money but 10% the space.

I burned up my Realistic Electronic Reverb last year by accidentally plugging the wrong polarity adapter into it.  But I got it out today and it actually still works fine, no clue why I wasn't getting sound out of it last year.  So I'll be using that again now, although my favorite use of it is actually as a distortion box not a delay/"reverb".

Well, the other day I dropped $20-somethign dollars I shouldn't have onto a  Realistic 42-2108 Stereo Reverb System.  It's kind of the big brother of the little desktop box everyone's familiar with.  Stereo i/o (plus a mic input) with a single MN3007 BBD delay, but the thing that made it worth grabbing (not for the prices some people are trying to get, but for what I paid) is that it has some kind of dual transistor fake-stereo effect you can add to the delay signal (the manual I downloaded has a schematic but I don't quite understand what the stereo expander is doing - as far as I can tell it's not one of those delay+crossfeed things you usually see in old "widening" boxes) and it hasn't arrived yet but when it does I have high hopes for using it on drums and stuff.  Not much info online at all but the few demos I've heard are making me expect a kind of watery Jeff+Jane Hudson kind of vibe.

I’m a UAD user so I use their offerings mainly. The EMT140 plate and the Lexicon 480 are my go to ones.

I buy the UAD stuff when they have the big sales and you can make a custom bundle of any 4 plugins for £259 (with the £40 voucher you usually get) - works out at £65 per plugin which for a lexicon 480l is decent buy imo.

I’ve also got the Eventide Blackhole plugin/app for iOS recently and it’s really nice. Borderlands thru Blackhole is something to behold ?