Sign in to follow this  
rhmilo

What reverbs are y’all using?

Max4Live Convolution Verb w/ the KineticSoundPrism library atm. the Alesis responses sound lushhhhhHHHH. absolutely eats my laptop cpu tho.

Edited by MadellisTheSixth

I’m a UAD user so I use their offerings mainly. The EMT140 plate and the Lexicon 480 are my go to ones.

I buy the UAD stuff when they have the big sales and you can make a custom bundle of any 4 plugins for £259 (with the £40 voucher you usually get) - works out at £65 per plugin which for a lexicon 480l is decent buy imo.

I’ve also got the Eventide Blackhole plugin/app for iOS recently and it’s really nice. Borderlands thru Blackhole is something to behold 😍

Anyone ever try Toraverb 2 https://d16.pl/toraverb2

I am thinking about giving it a shot. It has an adjustable 'ducking' parameter, looks like a built-in sidechain-compress-type thing that reacts to transients, turning the wet signal down when the incoming audio raises a threshold. This would be cool for drums and perhaps other stuff, was curious if anyone on here tried . . . ?

I haven't tried that but ducked reverb is a cool sound, especially if you can use an external sidechain.

The gating/ducking feature in Goodhertz MegaVerb works wonders. And the verb itself is so freaking stellar, it has a grungy, noisy vibe which is beyond amazing and useful in a track to contrast hi-res verbs.

For almost two decades I've used my verbs / delays as inserts, and I've been toying with sends/returns lately, and I think I'm a convertee now.

• Like 1

For almost two decades I've used my verbs / delays as inserts, and I've been toying with sends/returns lately, and I think I'm a convertee now.

Nice! I saw an interesting little write up about using gates on reverb sends. The last section in particular made me want to try it, the one where he talks about drum sound enhancement: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/sidechaining-how-it-works-why-its-cool/

Thanks ! As far as gates are concerned (I love to use them everywhere creatively), DMG Audio’s TrackGate is king. It does 2 flavors of SSL gate/expander (which I’ve always loved since my Duende days) perfectly. Inexpensive too.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:30 AM, Nil said:

DMG Audio’s TrackGate is king.

cheers, I've been looking for a decent gate plugin, was thinking Fabfilter's pro-G, but this DMG plug looks great (and is also much more affordable). I've been using Ableton's gate (not great) and the gate in Unfiltered Audio's Byome, which isn't bad (and it has the benefit of all kinds of modulation and interaction with other effects). 

After pissing about for ages I finally got round to hooking up my Digitakt to the Big Sky via midi so I can step sequence the Big Sky.  It's so fucking good, especially being able to toggle the tails on and off when changing presets throughout a pattern.  This just opened up the pedal about ten fold for me.

Actually I fucked that up, the tails are only there on bypass kills, but even so, pretty powerful.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, Soloman Tump said:

I got a blackstar ht reverb off eBay

Sounds lush. Now I just want to drench everything in sweet warmth

Very annoyed, the valve died in this pedal. I left it in the garage and i think it got damp, its giving me the blinking error message of death.

Doesn't seem to be much after support with these things.

For what i paid for it and what they are worth, don't think I will try and fix it.

Next.....