IGNORED

Dark Crystal - Age of Resistance

TheBro

Yo guys anyone watching it? I remember the film from my youth which was excellent!!! I think its good the series on Netflix. Acting is a bit ropey but the Skeksis are very well done imo. I haven't got through the first episode yet though as I've been quite busy with other stuff. Thoughts?

i'm watching it and enjoying it a lot- although i'll admit like you, i remember the film from my childhood, so maybe i'm biased. 

with that said, i think the film looks beautiful and i think the story is very faithful in terms of the characters and the world. i did find parts of the storytelling to be a little busy (too much happening all at once) which for me makes it a little tiring to watch; so i've been watching an episode every 2 or 3 days.

I've finished it, and thought it was excellent - the effects, the puppetry, the voice actors (Mark Hamill and Jason Isaacs are excellent), and the story are all very well done.

The only sad thing is if it gets picked up for a second series, it will be probably 2021 at the earliest we'll see it due to the time it no doubt takes to make this show.

Seen the first two episodes so far and I am incredibly impressed. Easily my favourite fantasy thing ever (not usually a big fan of the genre). I just think the designs are so so incredibly beautiful and unique. I get really disappointed when I see beautiful concept art for films /shows and the final product looks nothing like it. This show looks like Brian Froud's art, it's seriously impressive. 

i watched it as a kid but didn't really like it because it seemed gay and the main characters looked really creepy but not in a funny way.

I think if you were an 80s kid and this was all there was to watch, this new show would be nostalgic and nice. i watched ren and stimpy and pee wee before i was even 10 and then some weak-ass kid showed this to me at his house and i was just like nah 

how you gonna keep em down on the farm after they've seen ren and stimpy

1 hour ago, yekker said:

Brian froud is one of my favorite artists, I have most of his books.

Brian and Wendy Froud are artistic geniuses and helped usher in the whole Elf Quest scene of the 80s.  There were also a series of Dark Crystal comics from a few years back that are no longer canon I believe, but there is a new series of tie-in novels for the Netflix series.

IMG_6903.JPG

Almost finished with the season and I'm in love with it. The writing is amazing. The design is immaculate. Best art that I've experienced this year for sure.

Hup 4 life!

Thought it looked very impressive and had beautiful art.

The making of is an absolute must-see after you've seen season 1. 

But I didn't like the writing / story  at all. 

My gf liked it very much though. She's looking forward to season 2. 

I wanted to like the original as a kid but it always seemed boring to me. Ive only seen episode 1 and im into it so far. Maybe its because ive wanted to see something like this for a long time. I was dazzled by the world they built.

My gf is not into it - she wants me to let her know when Im done so she can watch the Behind the Scenes part.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving this reboot, wasn't expecting it to be any good but it's amazing. I went to see the exhibition at the BFI earlier this year and they had all the creatures and a mini forest. FUCK ME!!!!

Simon Pegg is the chamberlain!!!!!!! ??

3 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

I'm loving this reboot, wasn't expecting it to be any good but it's amazing. I went to see the exhibition at the BFI earlier this year and they had all the creatures and a mini forest. FUCK ME!!!!

Simon Pegg is the chamberlain!!!!!!! ??

And Mark Hamill is The Scientist... really great lineup of voice actors in this.

46 minutes ago, species8472 said:

original is a classic of course.

watched 1 episode. can't believe there are 10 episodes of this. who wanted/asked for this? i can't think of a series that needed to exist less.

I'm sure it can't compete with the completely necessary Fuller House and the Gilmore Girls reboots, but Netflix seems to have put some effort into this looking cool as hell at least.

I never could get into the original as a kid and lo and behold the same thing happened when adult me tried to watch the series.

I can appreciate all the work put into it but fuck me, it's so tacky. I hate the character design of the gelflings, with their dead eyes and stupid little voices, die already.

I never could get into the original as a kid and lo and behold the same thing happened when adult me tried to watch the series.
I can appreciate all the work put into it but fuck me, it's so tacky. I hate the character design of the gelflings, with their dead eyes and stupid little voices, die already.
yeah same

Archived