IGNORED

Steve Hauschildt - Nonlin

gated

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i'd agree that idm is healthily in its dad-rock phase with this one. seems like everyone is noodling on their modulars these days. that being said, i think there is a nice emotional quality to this release and i like how the timbre of the songs are quite different but it still sticks together as a whole. main complaint would be that its too short. we've been playing it in the office quite a bit and its a nice thing to work to. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:48 AM, nikisoko said:

i'd agree that idm is healthily in its dad-rock phase with this one. seems like everyone is noodling on their modulars these days. that being said, i think there is a nice emotional quality to this release and i like how the timbre of the songs are quite different but it still sticks together as a whole. main complaint would be that its too short. we've been playing it in the office quite a bit and its a nice thing to work to. 

You said it more eloquent than I, but agree this album is solid.. better than just pleasant, it's doing fresh stuff across the album.

It also felt short to me, despite being 42m, not sure why. At least it's left me excited to rinse it more in the near future

Archived