I'm Telling A Lie - Figure Out What I'm Lying About

Let's play a game where the objective is the poster tells a lie, and the others must figure out how or why what the poster is saying is a lie. I'll start:

I decided to take a trip to Italy last summer, and booked a flight via Alitalia, and went to the International Airport, boarded my flight and sat down in seat 17F. The flight was uneventful, and I enjoyed my stay in the country.

What part of what I said was a lie? (and no, not that I really didn't take a trip to Italy last summer). Italian WATMMers may immediately get this.

my first guess was that you didn't go to the international airport. you went to the international terminal- but now i'm guessing that your flight was very eventful

It’s a lie by omission. You flew on an Italian airline to get to Croatia, where you sowed your royal oats with reckless abandon. 

Once when I was 8, my friend decided we should make crank calls on random numbers from the phone book.  On the first number he dialed he got an answering machine, with a message like "I'm not available to answer your call right now, but can you guess what soup I'm eating as I listen back to your message?"  To which my friend screamed "SPERM SOUP!! YOU ARE EATING SPERM SOUP!!" and hung up.  Anyway, for some reason this thread title brings that memory to mind.  Joyrex asks if watmm can guess the soup, and watmm screams sperm.  The analogy checks out.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:58 PM, Enthusiast said:

There is no row 17. It's an unlucky number in Italy.

Not solved

Edited by IDEM
I lied
On 9/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Enthusiast said:

There is no row 17. It's an unlucky number in Italy.

@Enthusiast is correct!

The Italian airline I mentioned does not have a 17th row on their planes as 17 is considered an unlucky number, similar to how some people regard 13 as an unlucky number.

• Farnsworth 1
41 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

Wow this is a fun game.

^^^this is the lie!

41 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

I also enjoyed the sperm soup story tbh. 

^^^^this is the truth!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By J3FF3R00
      Yesterday, I was entertaining myself, while in quarantine, by re-creating the plot of my favorite film using ONLY emojis.
      Today, I thought "Wouldn't it be fun if we did a guessing game, similar to the "guess the movie still" thread.
      I went deep trying to go into as much detail as possible with mine, to kick things off. 
      If you can, try to challenge yourself to do the same. Also, I'm using Size 36 font with the emojis so it's easier to read. 
      Game on!!!

????????‍??????????????????????‍♀️?‍♂️??⛓?? ????????????????????????❌⭕️??????‍??‍♂️✈️????????????‍♀️????
    • Guest hawaii
      By Guest hawaii
      Hi everyone!

I've created the soundtracks and all the sound design for a game called 'Bongville'.
      Took two intense years of coding and work, so hope you like it.

It's going to be out on Google Play in a couple of days.

Here's a little trailer:
      https://www.residentadvisor.net/feed-item.aspx?id=94506

• By auxien
      So for the next day and a half, Humble Bundle has a cheap deal on some shitty games as usual, but more importantly this deal includes a copy of Gamemaker, which is a seemingly entry-level game making application. The bundle altogether is only $12 to get the Android Export portion which I'm guessing means you can publish your games on Android for like 10 zillion people to not see. Here's the link: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly to the bundle.

I watched a couple tutorial videos about the absolute basics, doesn't seem too crazy. The code is something I've never delved much into, though I can dabble and not fuck shit up too much (I can use Processing okay for a beginner, and I could usually do really simply HTML shit...)

Anyway, is that actually a good deal? And would I be getting in over my head? Like, I'm thinking of it as a means of just trying my hand at getting some simple/weird game ideas down, not like making Call of Duty for Android or anything. And more so just to try my hand at some more advanced code-style project stuff. Obviously Gamemaker's whole appeal is that you don't need to know code, but I'm quite sure I'd have to use some to really get through to an end product 'finished' game.

Has anyone used Gamemaker? Or, have any of you made little games yourselves? Advice, thoughts? I mean, yeah, it's only $12, but I'm just curious about any thoughts on that system or if I shouldn't waste my time unless I would really wanna go head first down that path of making games (which I don't).
    • Guest tonfarben
      By Guest tonfarben
      Hi Guys n Gals,
      yesterday Kettel announced on facebook the soundtrack he made for a game called Wabafun.
      I couldn´t find a thread on that here, so I made one.
      Here is the Soundcloud playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/kettelmusic/sets/soundtrack-for-kinetic-sand-adventure

I really like it so far. It follows the path he went with the Ibb and Obb soundtrack. Cheerfull melodic ambient music pieces. Glad to here something new from him.

• By Uros
      This isn’t my invention but nicked it from Skinny Puppy fan site/forum litany.net. I did get the picture that they had gotten the concept from somewhere else, so can’t really say where this really originates. I thought that maybe you guys and gals would like to give it a shot. I tried to find out if this have been made before but couldn’t find anything. This might be stupid idea but here we go.

So the name of the game says basically everything. We choose an album and every member can give one (+) point and one (-) point per day to tracks of their choice. Every track has five points in the beginning but this can be settled. When the points of some track drops to zero, the whole track drops out. Eventually we got the last track standing – an official truth of the best track on the album and we don’t need to argue on that matter anymore but can focus on more important things .

This was only a rough sketch but gives the info you need. Naturally there are details of how the thing runs but thought to introduce the idea first in case you’re not familiar with it already.