IGNORED

Online Dating Horror Stories

Zephyr_Nova

Hmmm I have yet to be put off by someone's voice on a date.  Though that does seem like the kind of thing I would be sensitive too.  My friends do all have extremely pleasant voices come to think of it...  One of my friends girlfriends had a voice that did grate on me, but she also said/did a lot of things that would bother me.  The voice kind of matched the personality.  Weird.  

Yeah, getting old sucks.  Everybody's looking for someone younger, and as I get older I don't find older people more attractive.  The profile pics that grab my attention are mostly under-30, and I most certainly am not.  Biology's a bitch.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ropprecht said:

Hi, 

I am now an expert in online dating. Sad or not sad , it's a fact. Over the last couple of years I managed to build up a very good filtering system and I usually know what to expect when I go on a date. 
There are some things you definitely have to look for: full body picture, picture where you can see the teeth, try to somehow find out the person's VOICE. I went on a date once and I could not stand the person's voice, I can't remember anything else only that I could not stand his voice. I usually chat to everyone over whatsapp and I send them a voice message if I'm interested in meeting them; they will reciprocate the message most of the time. I also quickly realised that good music taste does not equal good personality or good sex. Yoga usually the indicator of those things though. I hope this has helped, please do not hesitate to contact me for more advice, hahahaha.

Love, 
Renata

A girl. Please don't leave us we need some estrogen around here :happy:

I thought about reactivating my old account, but it's so out of date that I would have to update the entire thing, so I deleted the app again.

A friend had me over to listen to some records over the weekend and I met a really cute girl that's into Autechre. She came with one of her coworkers (who I've had plans to get lunch with at some point) that appears to have a thing for her, so this ought to get interesting.

23 hours ago, ropprecht said:

Hi, 

I am now an expert in online dating. Sad or not sad , it's a fact. Over the last couple of years I managed to build up a very good filtering system and I usually know what to expect when I go on a date. 
There are some things you definitely have to look for: full body picture, picture where you can see the teeth, try to somehow find out the person's VOICE. I went on a date once and I could not stand the person's voice, I can't remember anything else only that I could not stand his voice. I usually chat to everyone over whatsapp and I send them a voice message if I'm interested in meeting them; they will reciprocate the message most of the time. I also quickly realised that good music taste does not equal good personality or good sex. Yoga usually the indicator of those things though. I hope this has helped, please do not hesitate to contact me for more advice, hahahaha.

Love, 
Renata

oh hai

*fixes hair*

7 hours ago, hello spiral said:
On 3/10/2020 at 4:36 AM, ropprecht said:

Hi, 

Try to somehow find out the person's VOICE. I went on a date once and I could not stand the person's voice, I can't remember anything else only that I could not stand his voice.

Love, 
Renata

oh hai

*fixes hair*

Can confirm Spiral has a wonderful voice. 

6 hours ago, ropprecht said:

I should delete tinder and find love on this forum.  I have an aphex tattoo, who wants to go for ramen? 

damn, so conflicted rn. 

14 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Can confirm Spiral has a wonderful voice. 

ty bby ?

7 hours ago, ropprecht said:

I should delete tinder and find love on this forum.  I have an aphex tattoo, who wants to go for ramen? 

I'd go out for ramen, but you'll need to travel to Victoria BC, Canada for this to work.  Might be getting ramen with Hugh Mughnus at some point this summer as it turns out.

42 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:
8 hours ago, ropprecht said:

I'd go out for ramen, but you'll need to travel to Victoria BC, Canada for this to work.  Might be getting ramen with Hugh Mughnus at some point this summer as it turns out.

Lol! Yeah I think we're still targeting August to be out there, assuming travel doesn't get shut down or the world doesn't die from coronie-virie (so most likely ramen in August)

Just got a repeat match from someone I was chatting with a while back who disappeared mysteriously.  But I now know the reason why, and have secured a date for next weekend.  Was so close to deleting the apps too.  Perhaps horror will occur this time around.

You'd do well here - the poly community seems to be HUGE where I am on the apps.  Far more common than I expected.  Although, these apps are a logical place for the polies to convene.

3 hours ago, ropprecht said:

My problem is that I can't imagine myself in a monogamous relationship and it is not the easiest to present to people.

If you meet via Tinder isn't it basically already saying that you are polygamous? Surely though Hollywood found its way into the psyche

I don't want to say I am poly because I have never been in an open relationship before (is that even the same thing??). I feel like I like to be single but also want to have this special bond with someone that does not restrict any of us of hanging out with other people BUT we have our relationship as the main thing and maybe flings on the side...  I know , I know it sounds almost impossible and good luck to me, haha.

I just don't think human beings supposed to be monogamous. Currently reading on a book on this. Science and evolution and shit, you know, haha. Also I always get dangerously bored if I have to have sex with the same person for a long time.

The way I view monogamy isn't in the classic format of 'people just aren't monogamous' or not. I think our evolution has given us the capacity to form different cultures and within those cultures we're subject to social conditioning. We're individually susceptible to group behavior. So if you're raised in a culture that values monogamy, then you yourself will be more likely to value it. In addition, non-monogamous relationships will be more difficult because of the influence of how society views it.

Archived