IGNORED

Pixel Art Map of the United States

Joyrex

Probably inspired by Super Mario 3 world maps. In fact, one of the worlds in that game was basically a map of Japan if I'm not mistaken.

I'd argue that the Alaska layout is somewhat misleading though. If it were summer 2019, it would be shrouded in smoke and flames scattered throughout.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:45 AM, Joyrex said:

Pixeldanc3r has created this great Super Mario World-inspired pixel art overworld map of the United States. I love how Canada and Mexico are obscured by clouds!

usa_pixelart_final_by_danc3r10-dd1lr3z.g

Why do you love that they're obscured my clouds haha

On 9/20/2019 at 2:59 AM, Mesh Gear Fox said:

this is cool however i noticed they didn't make LA a giant steaming tan-brown crater and instead put some hollywood lights about 150 miles east inland from there.

thats vegas

There’s a skyscraper where I grew up in MA, and there are no skyscrapers there IRL at all. In fact, I think that’s supposed to be Providence, RI and this map is inaccurate. Off with their heads!

It's fun in it's own way but I like more the old medieval maps that make the places look like bad ass fantasy worlds. Like what the hell is even going on in the northern Norway in this map? And there is a devil sweeping with a broom just south of Finnmark? A giant ship eating vortex just off the coast of Norway also? And what is that huge lobster dangling a man in the west? It's like the strange lands of yore the black metal songs tell you about.

Carta_Marina.jpeg

Archived