IGNORED

Neuro... No Neuro | Scans

TruthTable

Neuro... No Neuro - Scans

Scans is a masterpiece in exactly disconnected electronic music.

In Kirk’s words … “Starting from the very first track, Scan One is actually the composition that brought this album’s theme to fruition. In the beginning of the year 2011, I had agreed to get an MRI scan to check for a brain tumor that had been removed twice before (recurrent atypical meningioma). The tumor had returned and plans for a third brain surgery were set into motion. Each of these tracks portrays a particular mental or emotional state throughout the process. From the delivery of the news through the results of the craniotomy; from the radiation treatment’s side effects to the overall issues that arose from this procedure (mild loss of speech/memory, behavioral changes, and simple-partial epileptic seizures with various aura types).

Living from one moment to the next, the recovery from this series of events to feeling something close to “normal” has placed the production of this album at the forefront of my mind for several years. To be able to finally produce the sounds and feelings that I’ve wanted to convey as accurately as I can has been a pure joy."

Scans Artboard 1.jpg

Archived