IGNORED

Aphex Peel Session Vinyl Released

donquixote

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im waiting for it to hit the Aphex store though as i prefe to buy from there. (edit: so i cn post things for Daddy to ignore)

Some massive teenage nostalgia wank jams in here. Nailed my c90 of this as a yonger. 

1 minute ago, Ivan Ooze said:

We have em from the sounddump already yea? Had no idea it was from a john peel session
Top tunes, go get emm emoji41.png

Yeah i think so btu i love all these jams so its a vinyl must buy for me. 

17 minutes ago, chronical said:

Looks like a WXAXRXP release doesn't it? 

aye noticed that after posting this. soz. non-lol.

(i only spotted it as im on a constant phex page rephresh hoping for the soundlab20 track)

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Is this the collaboration, papa? Please say no. 

No... who would Aphex collaborated with? John Peel?

24 minutes ago, diatoms said:

24-bit

Slo Bird Whistle

Oh Buddy:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

YESSS - this was the first thing I had on my Rio MP3 player - listed to these tracks over and over for years!

Great release by Richard and WARP!

2 hours ago, aencre said:

I wonder if Pancake Lizard will contain the firing squad sample?

Duration time of only 4:06 (which is shorter than the ~ 4:36 rip with the firing squad ending) seems to indicate that it isn’t the case.

19 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Firing squad?

Peel played a track that started with a firing squad over the end of pancake lizaed when it was played on air. Used to nark me right off but I kinda miss it now too.

Ah gotcha.

Nice that this is being released on wax. I'd like to hear more Donkey Rhubarb EP era style stuff, Vaz Deferenz with that off kilter squiggle sound and when that 606 comes in is one of my favorites. Also Pancake Lizard is great.

While I've got those songs on the brain, I've always wondered if the song between Vaz Deferenz and Neuropolitique - Mind You Don't Trip was an Aphex track or not. Could also be an unreleased Cylob jam maybe, starts coming in at 5:00 min mark

9 minutes ago, Andon Hristov Seldt said:

The album artwork looks proper tripy! 

It's... interesting - probably the first time release art for a release by Richard wasn't specifically made for the release (since this is part of the WARP30 series) - can't think of another release like that...

odd collection of tracks.. ive already been rinsing pancake lizard for the nearly 2 decades its already been officially released.  radiator alt is great but i associate too strongly with saw2, which is also already released.  slo bird whistle sounds more like a caustic window interlude. p-string im probably most excited for, but again already released on another compilation that it arguably fits better on (TRP006)

I get that they have the peel session in common, and not complaining as theyre all good tracks, but cant decide if ill pick them up in this format

37 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

It's... interesting - probably the first time release art for a release by Richard wasn't specifically made for the release (since this is part of the WARP30 series) - can't think of another release like that...

Gak? 

Edit: I always find the history of Gak intriguing as, if I recall correctly, it wasn't officially known as being a Richard release for some time  

Edit: i might be misrembering the above tho. I bought it for some reason.

6 hours ago, markedone said:

odd collection of tracks.. ive already been rinsing pancake lizard for the nearly 2 decades its already been officially released.  radiator alt is great but i associate too strongly with saw2, which is also already released.  slo bird whistle sounds more like a caustic window interlude. p-string im probably most excited for, but again already released on another compilation that it arguably fits better on (TRP006)

agreed. this is honestly a pretty lame release. bird whistle is really just not very good, not good enough to be one of four tracks on a vinyl that will cost ~$25 including shipping. and when only one of the other tracks wasn't really available widely.

just seems like a lazy release. they couldn't compile some other rare things into a decent tracklist?

13 hours ago, aencre said:

Slo bird ❤️

Wonder if Pancake Lizard will contain the firing squad sample?

The sample was the best part about that one. I also seem to remember that peel session version is slowed down a bit but it looks like it's normal speed...

4 hours ago, aencre said:

Also, while we’re nitpicking and trainspotting : it’s vaguely funny that Radiator is now called so, and not SAW2 CD1 TRK2 (Original Mix) as on 26 Mixes, or Harmonicom 13 like as in the SC dump.

Good point :music:

Archived