IGNORED

Warp30 box set announced

thumbass

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the emails. It looks good and they've obviously put a lot of money and effort into the whole thing but I'm not a massive fan of the graphics, seems a bit old style TDR - but not as good. Will have to decide if I want to spend £130 on another Warp boxset.

5 minutes ago, andrd said:

Where the squarepusher at??

Yeah ... no Autechre I can kind of see, because really long and already made available, but no Squarepusher means no deal. For me.

Just now, BUNKUM said:

Even if they'd taken few of the highlights from that Ae archives tapes and pressed to vinyl, would have made thing more exciting

from what AE said they dug up and threw the old tapes together like a week before it aired...vinyl lead time is usually like a half a year or more from my understanding. a cassette release tho...... . .  .   .      .

1 minute ago, auxien said:

from what AE said they dug up and threw the old tapes together like a week before it aired...vinyl lead time is usually like a half a year or more from my understanding. a cassette release tho...... . .  .   .      .

Good point, I'd forgotten they said that. Plus it's more like 3 months from my experience, but depends on the plant.

Thanks for breaking up the box into individual 12”s, warp! Classy move ?

However, with shipping to the US, that shit is expensive. Not classy at all ?

I still bought the Aphex Twin vinyl. 

You guys have me over a goddamn barrel. 

Christ, watmm and physicals.  Sad sometimes how there's are forums and subforums dedicated, you know, to music discussion, only for thread content to be more like the comments section of an unboxing video.

The 'chre made 2 killer mixes from their early warp tapes for the NTS radio sets, then had the nerve to upload the WAVs. For free.

Also during the NTS radio marathon, SP burst through drywall to announce that yes, he's still the fucking daddy.  Some bloke was kind enough streamrip the whole thing and - clutch your pearls Ae NTS Vinyls - I actually love re-listening to this set in all its 128kbps glory.

Will definitely be getting the BoC digitals for sure just for XYZ.  Wasn't is a sample clearance thing that prevented it from being on the original release?  Would've been cool if they included the "bad day" version of Happy Cycling as well (was it the version broadcast on the JP show?) even though it was a pretty rough mix.

My hopes for this thing were clearly way too high.

Artwork is lovely tho, might end up getting Aphex and OPN sessions but seriously, it looks like a missed opportunity, especially when the best wxaxrxp sesh (aka. Squarepusher) isn't in there.

Archived