IGNORED

Warp30 box set announced

thumbass

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also like the artwork, it's a lot more exciting than the music tbh (which seems a bit of a snoozefest ?)

I do believe (shock horror) we are almost all in agreement that this sucks!!!

and there was me thinking I was gonna have another gauranteed row with oscillik

I wanted Squarepusher to be the Warp30 Daddy. I think we all wanted Squarepusher to be the Warp30 Daddy.

It still might happen I guess..... 

Maybe I should stop daydreaming about this, the daydreaming started this time last year so I'm feeling the fatigue and a little bit deflated.

XYZ is up on Spotify. It seems a little weird to me that this track has just appeared on there. Years tucked away in the vault (though the radio rip was excellent) then with a wave of the BOC wand the official release appears. And a country mile before the vinyl. Hmmm.

14 minutes ago, beer badger said:

XYZ is up on Spotify. It seems a little weird to me that this track has just appeared on there. Years tucked away in the vault (though the radio rip was excellent) then with a wave of the BOC wand the official release appears. And a country mile before the vinyl. Hmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In all honesty I think warp kind of used xyz as a single to promote the box set

18 hours ago, Embers said:

"No Autechre."

Boo fukken hoo. 

They released their wxaxrxp shit for free already.

Yeah, but people who like to collect/prefer physicals would love to have either their WARP30 stuff on vinyl/CD/cassette, and arguably it was some of the best stuff played for WARP30!

4 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, but people who like to collect/prefer physicals would love to have either their WARP30 stuff on vinyl/CD/cassette, and arguably it was some of the best stuff played for WARP30!

Yep, if anyone's interested just send me your WAVs and I'll burn each set to a CD-R with limited edition sharpie art and a hand numbered plasti-sleeve, each imprinted with a quote from one of the 'chre bros. PM me for details and pricing.

15 hours ago, beer badger said:

Have you bought this Rubin? You're a man who likes to splash the cash.

Just the Aphex Peel Session, i can live without the rest, but my OCD needs to compete my Warp Peel Session collection, lol

I wish this one had a release - First time I'd heard anything like them and misheard their name as Blown, so wasn't for another few years I accidentally came across them again when listening to track previews on the Warp site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/sessions/2000s/2000/May23plone

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

I wish this one had a release - First time I'd heard anything like them and misheard their name as Blown, so wasn't for another few years I accidentally came across them again when listening to track previews on the Warp site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/sessions/2000s/2000/May23plone

AH! Plone! What happened to them? (I liked "plaything" off the WARP 100th release compilation from '96)

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

AH! Plone! What happened to them? (I liked "plaything" off the WARP 100th release compilation from '96)

Plone..... the forgotten warp act, they made some nice choons

16 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

It's a very good question - There's an untitled second album out there on those there dark internet sites (Appropriately titled 'Untitled second album'' - It's not quite so playful in tone but still great) but apart from that .... I've no idea, really weird.

They seem like they'd be a perfect fit for the Ghost Box label

12 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

It's a very good question - There's an untitled second album out there on those there dark internet sites (Appropriately titled 'Untitled second album'' - It's not quite so playful in tone but still great) but apart from that .... I've no idea, really weird.

They seem like they'd be a perfect fit for the Ghost Box label

The apparently went their separate ways after For Beginner Piano was released on WARP, and the only one (apparently) still making music is Mike Johnston: https://www.discogs.com/artist/1090680-Mike-in-Mono

Archived