IGNORED

Clark - Branding Problem [Ltd 12", Throttle Recordings]

Soloman Tump

The A-side reminds me very much of s/t Clark - the bassdrum is weak, I'm feeling like I've heard these melodies for the 100th time, the breaks come as expected, meandering through the several parts sounds like him trying desperately to give this more depth than it has. Okay, the end is pretty cool though. The B-side is something else, digging! After all really gives me hope that we get a Clark banger LP sometime again - still I'm feeling Clark lost me around 2012...

i wanna be positive here but it really feels like clark has run of out of inspiration big time. despite all the various textures and moments in that track it just feels phoned in. i actually think iradelphic was a great direction to go in. disappointed he didn't pursue and refine what he was doing on that record.

• Like 1

^ I know right. Iradelphic is probably one of my favorites he's made.

I must say, Legacy Pet grew on me a lot. I like it over Branding Problem but both are great tracks to me. Much more entertaining than Kiri even if it's not some of Clark's best tunes of all time.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
39 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Didn't think we'd go this long after this single before news of a new LP. Maybe Covid got in the way? Impact on personal life, album production, etc?

Yeah I don't know. or maybe it was genuinely just a single.

16 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

There's that, too. But it got my hopes up for more in this style.

Yeah same, maybe sometime next year. It's been quite a while since Death Peak