IGNORED

Clark - Branding Problem [Ltd 12", Throttle Recordings]

Soloman Tump

Taken from today's LittleBig mailout:

CLARK
New, club-ready material being announced on Throttle Records soon, we have availability for Clark’s solo rave show, for the remainder of 2019.

edit:  https://clark.bandcamp.com/album/branding-problem

After personally not feeling the Kiri release, I am excited for this.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

man, I used to love clark. And I hate to be negative - but I feel like I can already hear this new material without even putting it on

Edited by jules
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

He just announced his new single "Branding Problem"

https://clark.bandcamp.com/album/branding-problem

(bandcamp edit doesnt work, ive tried it about 5 times now)

Just get the albumID from the WordPress embed - that's all you need...

Edited by Joyrex
Fixed the embed

Legacy Pet is a great track, I think he played it on his warp30 mix as well. Excited to hear the other one. Also lol at that single cover, is that Clark himself?

Edited by thumbass

Clark is an interesting artist for me. I enjoy plenty of tracks off of all of his albums (excluding Kiri and The Last Panthers, it was just fine but nothing worthy of going back to), yet all of his albums structures feel so frontloaded, its hard to choose what my favorite album of his would be, since I enjoy all of them (though Body Riddle did not click with me to have a replayable track, perhaps a relisten could help me think more than "this sounds cool"?).

Either way I am looking forward to this since I admire Clark's work. Time to take a peak at his Warp30 mix since I never have somehow ? 

Edited by President Squidward

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I'd believe it, even if it seemed like he was getting more well-known with his last few albums.

I don't think WARP 'drops' artists like Clark - I think it may be more a case that he's fulfilled his contract, and possibly he chose not to renew, or he did, but there is material he wanted to release himself, etc. - there could be a myriad of reasons we're not privy to.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 5:11 PM, jules said:

man, I used to love clark. And I hate to be negative - but I feel like I can already hear this new material without even putting it on

September 19 quote is accurate for the B-side, "Legacy Pet". Not a bad track, but it's predicable. 

18 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Bleep mail out advertising the new release for sale, so its not a falling out.

Well, to be fair it would have to be a pretty serious falling out for them to 'blacklist' Clark's work - plus Bleep stands to make money off of a popular artist and a new release (regardless of label).

On 11/4/2019 at 8:42 PM, sidewinder said:

September 19 quote is accurate for the B-side, "Legacy Pet". Not a bad track, but it's predicable. 

I like it for what it is, it's a nice slow club banger and it makes me curious to hear Branding Problem

Edited by thumbass

• 3 weeks later...