IGNORED

DJ Shadow – Our Pathetic Age (November 15, 2019)

silentvision

pathetic.jpg.60d16ec4ee5bb039902a4e79d3c3c7d8.jpg

A1. Nature Always Wins

A2. Slingblade

A3. Intersectionality

A4. Beauty, Power, Motion, Life, Work, Chaos, Law

A5. Juggernaut

B1. Firestorm

B2. Weightless

B3. Rosie

B4. If I Died Today

B5. My Lonely Room

C1. Drone Warfare (feat. Nas, Pharaohe Monch)

C2. Rain On Snow (feat. Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, Raekwon)

C3. Rocket Fuel (feat. De La Soul)

C4. C.O.N.F.O.R.M. (feat. Gift Of Gab, Lateef The Truth Speaker, Infamous Taz)

C5. Small Colleges (Stay With Me) (feat. Wiki, Paul Banks)

C6. JoJo’s Words (feat. Stro)

D1. Kings & Queens (feat. Run The Jewels)

D2. Taxin' (feat. Dave East)

D3. Dark Side Of The Heart (feat. Fantastic Negrito, Jumbo is Dr.ama)

D4. I Am Not A Robot (Interlude)

D5. Urgent, Important, Please Read (feat. Rockwell Knuckles, Tef Poe, Daemon)

D6. Our Pathetic Age (feat. Sam Herring)

I can't judge the album in its entirety yet because it's not out for another 2 months and the OP featured only 2 preview trax. I definitely prefer Rosie over Rocket Fuel so far - the second half of the track more than the first half though. Rocket Fuel is just soulless capitalist promotion fodder as far as I'm concerned - by which I mean easily susceptible to being snatched up by some corporate exec to use in their next car commercial or whatever.

I need to listen more this to give a more accurate opinion. I enjoyed his previous work "The mountain will fall". But the new work seems to be a return to his early work style. I will give it a try.

see ya,

I saw him live back in 2016 and thought it was really good. I have to admit I haven’t dived into much else beside Endtroducing and Pre-emptive Strike

dj shadow live is still great. i saw him with cut chemist mixing  afrika bambaataa's record collection a while back and that was one of the best things i've been to. some people need to know when to bow out though and that was probably 17 years ago

On 9/21/2019 at 6:43 PM, Candiru said:

I have to admit I haven’t dived into much else beside Endtroducing and Pre-emptive Strike

probably best to stop there. anything he's done after 2004 or so (except live shows) has been pretty bad.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, nikisoko said:

dj shadow live is still great. i saw him with cut chemist mixing  afrika bambaataa's record collection a while back and that was one of the best things i've been to. some people need to know when to bow out though and that was probably 17 years ago

dj shadow has been accused of being too future. maybe he needs it dial it down a bit for the rest of us to catch up

• 1 month later...

Archived