IGNORED

Source material for the Caretaker

t yst r

I've been trying to find the original songs that were used by the Caretaker. Apart from what I found on whosampled.com and a Youtube channel there isn't much more. I'm the most interested in the ones on 'Everywhere at the end of time stage 2'. I would love to know what that last track is.

I did find the first one, which is 'Love's old sweet song' by James Molloy. Discovered it while watching the movie Awakenings.

Anyone else know something?

• Like 2

I found this playlist a little while back that has a fair few. It's so odd hearing the originals having become so used to them in the context of the caretaker tracks. Room with a view :catcry:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Ok, I just found out about this wonderful piece, 'The Grand Canyon Suite' by Ferde Grofé. It's been sourced for three tracks in stage 2 of EATEOT (C4, D1 and D5).

I'm not very familiar with American composers and their work. This makes me want to find out more about them. Apparently, Grofé also played a major part in making Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue a success by adapting the score for orchestra.

Original 1932 recording, conducted by Paul Whiteman.

Later recordings with better sound quality are also worth checking out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...