Jump to content

Recommended Posts

godly, I envisaged some rlly breathy chords subtly coming in n taking me for a ride over them beats for hours n hours would b lovely pls do that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

intense frequencies!

one of my favourites from you thus far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! 

10 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

godly, I envisaged some rlly breathy chords subtly coming in n taking me for a ride over them beats for hours n hours would b lovely pls do that

I might actually do that. It's a work in progress, I guess. Thought about making it a bit longer and adding more elements

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cool. Love the pitches sliding around all over the place.

A bit too much reverb for my taste, but that's really just a very minor nitpick. This is awesome.

 

PS: don't add breathy chords, please. Too obvious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

 

I like the sounds, but its too chaotic for far too long, I was expecting to hear those sounds starting to get arranged in a breakbeat or some other known beat structure or pattern. The overall feel reminds me of a work by 8FM, or AE and I don't mean After Effects).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Really cool. Love the pitches sliding around all over the place.

A bit too much reverb for my taste, but that's really just a very minor nitpick. This is awesome.

 

PS: don't add breathy chords, please. Too obvious.

Thanks for listening! Yeah, I usually gravitate towards a drier sound but had fun playing with the exaggerated reverbs here. Very glad u like it

4 hours ago, Andon Hristov Seldt said:

I like the sounds, but its too chaotic for far too long, I was expecting to hear those sounds starting to get arranged in a breakbeat or some other known beat structure or pattern. The overall feel reminds me of a work by 8FM, or AE and I don't mean After Effects).

Thanks! Yes, it's a problem I yet have to overcome: I get caught up in sound design and forget to structure my tracks. If you listen to my latest stuff you will notice that most of it is very detailed and everchanging yet structurally flat with little arc of suspense. Somehow while I work at the track the progression seems to be there but is either too subtle to be audible on first few listens or it's only in my head lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I can relate to this, it takes time(years) to not get caught up in the detail, which leads to a somewhat chaotic feel with no clear song stucture change. I go at it like this, I have an overall idea of what mood I want to bring out with the idea of the track, then on each 4-8 or 16 bars I change from intro to song idea 1, then silence, intro to part 2 and part 2 and so on until all the ideas in my head have a respective part in the track and have been exported from the mind. Then a couple of criticle listens with 2 days inbetween, be cause when you listen to a loop all day you start to remove the bass, or mids, as they stand out the most to the ears. Aftet a week of critical listening if you like it,  it's done. Move on :D That's so hard for me tho. Or having a track be the same idea and just slightly morphing in and out is a good thing too. Depends on many things. Sory for the essay/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Andon Hristov Seldt said:

I think I can relate to this, it takes time(years) to not get caught up in the detail, which leads to a somewhat chaotic feel with no clear song stucture change. I go at it like this, I have an overall idea of what mood I want to bring out with the idea of the track, then on each 4-8 or 16 bars I change from intro to song idea 1, then silence, intro to part 2 and part 2 and so on until all the ideas in my head have a respective part in the track and have been exported from the mind. Then a couple of criticle listens with 2 days inbetween, be cause when you listen to a loop all day you start to remove the bass, or mids, as they stand out the most to the ears. Aftet a week of critical listening if you like it,  it's done. Move on 😄 That's so hard for me tho. Or having a track be the same idea and just slightly morphing in and out is a good thing too. Depends on many things. Sory for the essay/

Thanks for the input! You definitely gave me an idea for a starting point for my next track. I agree about having to have a bit of distance to the track and give it a couple of days before you can judge it. This particular track was finished 10 minutes before I posted it lol. Probably turned out too weak in the bass and all of that

  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

Thanks for the input! You definitely gave me an idea for a starting point for my next track. I agree about having to have a bit of distance to the track and give it a couple of days before you can judge it. This particular track was finished 10 minutes before I posted it lol. Probably turned out too weak in the bass and all of that

Dont wory too much about it, its a good idea, you can now get inside it even further and make the listener nod their f**** head to the beats. I am happy you welcome my CC. Good luck with the next one my friend! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphing reverb is my favorite seasoning on percussion.  I think the levels on this one are perfect.  Your ability to keep things changing constantly is insane, but like MIXL2 said, I would love to hear some more steady pitched elements in it.  Bringing down the aggression on the beats could give a really nice jazzy effect, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

appreciate the feedback!I will definitely grab this track in a week or so and transform it a bit, maybe add some actual melodies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...