IGNORED

Dopefist - Nice Dreams

gated

Our newest release is the rather lovely EP from Canadian musician Dopefist. Here's the official skinny:

Following two stand-out cuts on recent Mindcolor Music and Touched Electronix compilations, Mike "Dopefist" Verde makes his full EP debut for Gated. Across six tracks, the Canadian native showcases music that dips and sweeps with life-affirming electronic goodness. This is music for the head and the heart, celebrating the magic found in unrepeatable details, a studio full of warm analogue synths, and classic drum machines. Verde records all his tracks in one take, emphasizing the element of improvisation, pushing his boxes to the limit to create woozy off-kilter jams. Taking influences from the likes of AFX's Analord series, Ceephax's United Acid Emirates, and Bochum Welt, this is an unmissable debut: picturesque, dreamy, and utterly unique.

Quite proud of this one -- we worked hard on it. And Mike is such a perfectionist he wanted the release to be as good as it could be.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 3

Any feedback is gratefully received, good or bad. I mean it! You guys have been so supportive so far, but if there's anything we're doing wrong, even minor stuff, let me know so we can fix it. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Andon Hristov Seldt said:

Heavenly and love filled music! 

cheers man, I agree!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the vinyl might be delayed by a week or two. Really hoping not, chasing the pressing plant... but if it's not delivered by Thursday this week we'll need to put it back... urgh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

gated emotion is wow

this album is definitely less polished then its latetest work

I dunno, but this guy melody skills reminds me of a mix between wisp and kettel. its emotion packed and the way he intermix the melodies brings me backwhen I discovered the world of wisp and kettel and aphex twin

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...