Sign in to follow this  
Consul

Amon Tobin - Long Stories

Pre-order: Bandcamp

a0007173240_10.thumb.jpg.60a38a95e29c5d34644f4b715f10546c.jpg

The second full-length record from Amon Tobin in less than a year, Long Stories, is out October 25th.

long stories and fear in a handful of dust were made in parallel. fear is like a stretched line with extreme softness at one end and pointed angles at the other. stories pushes in through the center and is mainly concerned with balance. so harmony and melody basically.

a good portion of the record was made with just one instrument, the ugly misshapen gray plastic omnichord that somehow only makes sounds that sound like magic. these get processed through a slew of creamy analogue machines. so it's like magic folded into chocolate. like something margot robbie might eat.

Edited by Consul
  • Burger 1

what?

26 minutes ago, jules said:

what?

Updated the quote.

hope its better than the last one.

lol @ amon, i love you dude but dang

Still haven't listened to the last one, just heard a song or two while shufflin my 2019 queue.

I thought ol' Fear'n Dusty Forest Medicinemens was pretty good, much better than the mess that was isam, real chill soundtrakki Tobin with lots of nice textures and overall cohesion.

The description of this one tho

tenor.gif

I like the single off off thing thing more than fear already

This sounds amazing!

it's sounding like amon tobin! rlly curious about the rest of this..

Tobin and Blanck Mass sitting in a tree.

W.R.I.T.I.N.G (absolute bollocks)

Track sounds pretty lush. Another Amon Tobin album of nice aimless sounds that you listen to maybe twice incoming!

15 hours ago, Consul said:

Updated the quote.

16 hours ago, jules said:

what?

This still applies.

Adds Tobin, ["One Shy morning" sounds like] "the sound of Margot Robbie riding a unicorn into the sun right before the world explodes and  all that's left is a ghost of love."

21 hours ago, Consul said:

long stories and fear in a handful of dust were made in parallel. fear is like a stretched line with extreme softness at one end and pointed angles at the other. stories pushes in through the center and is mainly concerned with balance. so harmony and melody basically.

a good portion of the record was made with just one instrument, the ugly misshapen gray plastic omnichord that somehow only makes sounds that sound like magic. these get processed through a slew of creamy analogue machines. so it's like magic folded into chocolate. like something margot robbie might eat.

(good cover tho)

https://nomarkrecords.bandcamp.com/the-nomark-club

The Nomark Club Volume 1 is a subscription service, which will run for a 12-month period from 27th September 2019 to 26th September 2020.

Sign up for a one-time payment $60 USD, that covers your membership for the whole 12 months. The equivalent of $5 per month.

You will receive a link to download all of the following as they are released

· ‘Long Stories’ - The brand new AMON TOBIN album, which is due for release in October, and any related singles

· An album’s worth of TWO FINGERS releases

· Plus releases from each of Amon's other new projects—STONE GIANTS, FIGUEROA and PAPERBOY

...and even more planned bonus material, coming first to Club members!

Edited by cloud capture
added info

I am getting Splinter Cell Chaos Theory/Conviction main menu theme vibes from the first track. Love it. 

Hope this one is actually on his level, been a bit dissapointed with his newer work too, but I think a true artist has to go see all the paths in order to really appreciate and find his. And such,,,

You can listen to the full preview on iTunes. It sounds great! "Dust for a Duster" is amazing.

Hmm.... This sounds... Pretty gooooood?!

I also just stumbled upon Madam Larivee from the Boxset he released a couple of years ago. Jesus Christ, that's some good shit...

I like the new single but it sounds a bit like a song from FIAHOD

The 'One Shy Morning' track is really good. It actually sounds like Amon Tobin in a good way.

• Like 1

Amon Tobin is the friend from high school that you have good memories of hanging out with but when you go to catch up now you realise you don't have anything in common anymore and maybe you were only friends because you had limited options 

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

This is lush. I’ve grown to like the previous album more for what it is, great sound design/good background music, but this is much more engaging