IGNORED

Anyone making breakcore/drum n bass/jungle?

TheBro

I was going through some old tapes the other day and found a tonne of mental breakcore / jungle / drum n bass. Most of it terribly mixed but I may post some up. I don't know how I made those beats back then ha ha.

Edited by TheBro
  • Like 1

Hey guys I posted up the first one. Its on my Soundcloud and in my The Bro thread too. Music is pretty crappy lol. Let me know what you think - its from 2003 by the way!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I did a lot of drill back in the day (pre-2010s), it was pretty deece

I did some dnb but it wasn't really up to par except for some decent ideas.

Edited by chim
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Some more old ass breakcore I discovered on some tapes. I found the beats quite fun to listen to. I wouldn't make this style these days as its too fast for most folk but jungle is still good to go. Anyways enjoy!!!

The Bro - Breakcore Quickie (from 15-20 years ago).mp3

The Bro - Let's Rock (from 15-20 years ago).mp3

Edited by TheBro
  • Like 3

I love breakbeats and liquid drum and bass specifically, but hoo boy I tried making it once and even thinking about the track is making me cringe.

Besides nowadays it is impossible to make it as a drum and bass producer because whenever I post any tracks on Facebook, they get absolutely destroyed because there are all those hot girls uploading their tracks and everybody just listens to those instead! :catrage:

• Haha 2

I've been messing around with it the past few weeks. It's a lot of fun, but the results should probably not be shared with anyone.

@ArtificialDisco love the beat-f*ery but IMHO the synths are *way* too loud. If you listen to old school D'n'B and Jungle (and even to Breakcore) the drums are always front and center. 

It's also a bit of an EQ thing, I think. Maybe someone with more knowledge and skills could weigh in on this but with everything going on in the drums the other stuff should have everything in the same EQ range as the drums (hi-hats and snares, mostly) removed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

I've been messing around with it the past few weeks. It's a lot of fun, but the results should probably not be shared with anyone.

@ArtificialDisco love the beat-f*ery but IMHO the synths are *way* too loud. If you listen to old school D'n'B and Jungle (and even to Breakcore) the drums are always front and center. 

It's also a bit of an EQ thing, I think. Maybe someone with more knowledge and skills could weigh in on this but with everything going on in the drums the other stuff should have everything in the same EQ range as the drums (hi-hats and snares, mostly) removed.

Interesting points. I guess I was kind of writing a jazz tune with drum'n'bass backing, haha. I could take a swing at this later. It's easy enough to bring the drums up and maybe the EQ could be as simple as high-passing the synths. I'll give it a try at least.

I put the drums up by 6dB. Also did a lowpass, but I'm not even sure if that matters. It definitely sounds more exciting, and the arrangement is still clear, i.e. the drums don't seem to get in the way of anything.

• Like 2