IGNORED

What do you think....?

david1806

Hi all...

So as I am getting back into making some music, and the internet makes it so easy to check out what others are doing, having just listened to something it got me a'pondering....

Now we all know music is subjective, and what one person loves, another may hate...but, do you think that a tune can just be, well, shit. Not in a subjective, opinionated way - it is just shit. Sound quality, timing, etc etc.... Or even those qualities - can they be judged purely in a subjective way ("it's supposed to be out of tune and with the timing all wrong...duh!") And can it stand out in its shitness even more when it is claiming to be of a certain genre - because then you can't really hide behind "it's just my individual sound"....if you claim to be making a house tune, surely if it's shit, it's just shit.

At the moment, I am being a wimp, and sitting on the fence until I hear what you guys think. I am going to risk it a little, and post something. If by some crazy coincidence, it is your track, then apologies, but you can't be taking it personal, I'm afraid it comes with the territory of making music. It's the first remix.. Kiss Me (feat. Jellow) (Yuliana Yang Remix)...here: https://skiomusic.com/yuliana-yang

So, my ultimate question here is - can music be simply shit, or is it always a matter of opinion? Discuss...!! :)

[I have popped this post on another site too....]

It's not a very good track, so many elements that just don't fit together, out of key, and no sense of overall arrangement or progression. But, I got to say, it's actually kind of a charming track in a way. It has that naivete of someone making their first track, not really knowing the "rules" of music but just making something anyways. Its definitely a clusterfuck but refreshing when considering the absolute volume of generic EDM tracks. 

Managed to sit through the entire track. The "its so bad its good" quality kept it going for me. 

BCM....some people like IceJJFish - are you sure about that one?!  LOL....I have been following that deluded geezer for a few years now.  I guess if you like to listen to someone "singing" massively out of tune/time and watch them dance like they have some sort of illness - then yep, you are gonna love my man JJ!!  

And I guess you know the legend that are....Three Beat Slide...??  If not, then I beg you to check them out.  Father/son/daughter combination, with an entertainment value that is just off the scale.  Please, do yourself a favour and check this lot out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8jbSoCbnns

and their latest work of pure genius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHYXNdnXVU

Enjoy!!!

Why do my spider senses tell me that Yuliana Yang is david1806’s ex and he is looking for an “objective” consensus as to why her music sucks (provided by us) so that he can use it against her in an argument?

Spoiler

I couldn’t finish that track, btw. It was terrible. 

Ahh, Drillkicker, the mighty and wonderful Shaggs. The last thing I seem to remember about them was that their one and only (thank fuck) album, the vinyl, they made is worth quite a few bob.  

And we may laugh (and we certainly do) but here they are, in 2017, playing at some festival somewhere (and still looking hot I see):

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Why do my spider senses tell me that Yuliana Yang is david1806’s ex and he is looking for an “objective” consensus as to why her music sucks (provided by us) so that he can use it against her in an argument?

Reveal hidden contents

I couldn’t finish that track, btw. It was terrible. 

Oh oh - busted!! ?

BCM....some people like IceJJFish - are you sure about that one?!  LOL....I have been following that deluded geezer for a few years now.  I guess if you like to listen to someone "singing" massively out of tune/time and watch them dance like they have some sort of illness - then yep, you are gonna love my man JJ!!  
And I guess you know the legend that are....Three Beat Slide...??  If not, then I beg you to check them out.  Father/son/daughter combination, with an entertainment value that is just off the scale.  Please, do yourself a favour and check this lot out:

and their latest work of pure genius:

Enjoy!!!
holy lol!

Archived