IGNORED

The drawing that inspired the Wagon Christ name

Velazquez

1 hour ago, Velazquez said:

The Ted Jouflas drawing that inspired Luke to dub himself Wagon Christ:

wagonchrust.jpg

Wow, that's a great piece of trivia (not so sure about the artwork, but to each his own). I always wondered where the name came from. Thanks for sharing!

And think - he could have been known as "Chinese Landlady Cat Vandal" :dadjoke:

15 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Would've been much cooler, I think.

But anyway, to each his own.

Just curious: did you get this from an interview with him or something? Or did you just happen to run into the "art" :P work and made the connection yourself?

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Would've been much cooler, I think.

But anyway, to each his own.

Just curious: did you get this from an interview with him or something? Or did you just happen to run into the "art" ? work and made the connection yourself?

I read an interview where he said it came from a comic book called "weirdo"  searched it out.

20 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Wow, that's a great piece of trivia (not so sure about the artwork, but to each his own). I always wondered where the name came from. Thanks for sharing!

There' s another piece by the same artist called "Chicago's Back Breaking Bat" in the issue, which Luke used as a track title on his first release Wagon Christ Sunset Blvd.  

On 10/5/2019 at 9:59 AM, nikisoko said:

i believe that is car vandal. 

You are correct sir - you'd think the "art" would have clued me in on that is indeed a (poorly rendered) automobile!

Archived