IGNORED

Loraine James - For You and I

hello spiral

Went to an all dayer yesterday headlined by Oval and Leila. This woman played as the second act and was ?. Never heard of her before.

Dunno if there's a thread already for this release and I'm too lazy to look for it so fuck u.

a2645680614_10.jpg

pretty good stuff in there, some bits definitely stand out above others so maybe a touch uneven on first listen, but overall enjoyed it for sure. looking into her other stuff out, her New York Haunted release sounds pretty fun as well

I was at 24rpm too and also thought her set was fantastic. Was quite surprised to see she was on Hyperdub but I haven't really listened to anything from them for a good 5 years. I'll have to check the album out.

• 1 month later...

this slipped by me until now. Glad I found it.

I have to say I'm very impressed. A relaxed synthesis of a bunch of old styles, but none of them are trying to outdo the others. That balance is hard to hit I think. This could be an AOTY sleeper hit for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived