IGNORED

Moog Minitaur for 50 squid!!! :O

TheBro

I think fingers crossed I should be getting hold of a Moog Minitaur for 50 squid this week!!! ? 

I know its not the most versatile of synths but its a Moog and I never could dream of getting any Moog gear. Anyways I hope all goes well and that very soon I shall be the proud owner of one!!! ? 

Any other Moog owners here?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad! I picked up a used grandmother this year with the help of some store credit from a broken 12 string guitar my wife got me for my birthday. All-in, I think it ran me around $450. I couldn't pass that up. The unit also turned out to be one of the initial 500 that were released for Moogfest so it came with a certificate for a free, embroidered Moog jean jacket! I was all  :emotawesomepm9:

I've been curious about the minitaurs. I bet you're gonna love it.

Curious, what control keyboard are you going to be using with it?

10 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Not bad! I picked up a used grandmother this year with the help of some store credit from a broken 12 string guitar my wife got me for my birthday. All-in, I think it ran me around $450. I couldn't pass that up. The unit also turned out to be one of the initial 500 that were released for Moogfest so it came with a certificate for a free, embroidered Moog jean jacket! I was all  :emotawesomepm9:

I've been curious about the minitaurs. I bet you're gonna love it.

Curious, what control keyboard are you going to be using with it?

Probably be using my Roland PC-160a with it lol which is a seriously old midi keyboard from the late 90s!!! Just need to get a fresh power supply for it or find the old one and dig out the midi cable and I'm good to go!!!

Of course I would love something more powerful but its a start!!! The Moog Matriarch looks and sounds awesome but one can dream as does the Grandmother ha!!

2 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Probably be using my Roland PC-160a with it lol which is a seriously old midi keyboard from the late 90s!!! Just need to get a fresh power supply for it or find the old one and dig out the midi cable and I'm good to go!!!

Of course I would love something more powerful but its a start!!! The Moog Matriarch looks and sounds awesome but one can dream as does the Grandmother ha!!

Yeah. I can't even let myself watch videos of people playing the Matriarch. It looks too fun.

2 hours ago, BCM said:

how come it's only £50?

Yeah, sounds too good to be true. Careful you're not getting ripped off bro.

maybe it really is 50 squids. depending on size and species, a whole squid could be worth anything up to a few thousand pounds, especially if it's a giant squid. in which case bro, you're getting a shit deal.

have they given you any specifics on squid details?

16 hours ago, BCM said:

how come it's only £50?

I've been told it works absolutely fine. Its just that the guy who sells it doesn't really care much about money. Apparently he's sold off valuable vinyl for next to nothing in the past too. 

1 hour ago, TheBro said:

I've been told it works absolutely fine. Its just that the guy who sells it doesn't really care much about money. Apparently he's sold off valuable vinyl for next to nothing in the past too. 

sounds legit

On 10/9/2019 at 12:34 PM, TheBro said:

So... did you end up getting it? 

• 2 weeks later...

awesome, go get it! make some bro bass music... that and your kawai should be pretty cool together - get some pads going on the K1 and bassline on the minitaur :)

Archived