IGNORED

Moog Minitaur for 50 squid!!! :O

TheBro

57 minutes ago, xox said:

Picture or it didnt happen ?

p.s. I bet itz a dummy unit! Sorry bro ?

No such thing as a dummy unit! If the electronics don't work it can always be used to make percussion samples and by that I mean you should hit it with a chopstick, drumstick, hammer, car (in this precise order). These one of a kind samples will be worth quite a lot more than 50 squid.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a $25 Moog once (it was an MG-1 and needed $100 in parts and an hour of soldering to make it work again, but still) and my downstairs neighbor jsut got one for free recently, so I'm still cautiously optimistic on The Bro's behalf here.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:04 PM, thawkins said:

No such thing as a dummy unit!

I remember they used to have cardboard boxes printed to look like VCRs and cassette decks and stuff that was used in place of the real thing in living room furniture displays at the mall when I was a kid, but I don't even know where to start looking for a picture of one on Google. It would be great to have a full late 80s entertainment center setup made out of those.  It's the kind of thing you'd have to be really forward-thinking to have preserved, I bet it would cost more to get a fake cardboard VCR than a nice real VCR, if you could find one at all.

5 hours ago, BCM said:

I'm losing faith here Bro. Surely it can't be the case that you created a whole thread about something that wasn't real.

Isnt that typical internet? 
bro, come back and makes us proud!

5 hours ago, xox said:

Isnt that typical internet? 
bro, come back and makes us proud!

It's fair though, it's a shit world and sometimes we just need hope.. hope that even in today's dark hellworld existence miracles can still happen and an honest man can get a Moog Minitaur for just 50 squid.

Can't blame a bro for hoping and bringing hope for us all..

5 hours ago, david1806 said:

I am totally lost, but strangely intrigued. Help me out here Thawkins - what the fuckery are you lot on about...?! LOL!!!! 

There is (or was) apparently a Moog Minitaur on offerfor 50 squid, just like it says in the tread title. Squid's pretty exotic, so now I think we need to gather some other neighborhood animals to do the deal.

Unless he can provide unequivocal proof that he has a moog minitaur in his possession and that he paid only £50 for it, we should ban him until such time he can.  Or just kill him.

7 minutes ago, kakapo said:

Unless he can provide unequivocal proof that he has a moog minitaur in his possession and that he paid only £50 for it, we should ban him until such time he can.  Or just kill him.

Come on man, if he gets banned, he can't contact us with the proof! And killing him is only really worth it if it's a real Minitaur, so either way we need proof first.

Archived