IGNORED

'|'.|2./-\.(.|<.$...

CEP2plet

This thread will be for my Soundcloud uploads.  The tracks uploaded will all be finished.  If anybody has any ideas they would like me to try out, I am open to suggestions (within reason, of course).

I made this about a day ago...
Edited by CEP2plet
It is organized better. Now, less autobiographical.
  • Like 3

Still in the process of familiarizing myself with FL Studio 20's library of drums, synths, and effects.  I uploaded this one last night...

This next one was from about two years ago with Cool Edit Pro 2, in case any of you have not heard it yet...
… so, if there is a neat idea anyone would like me to try out, feel free to let me know.
Edited by CEP2plet
Corrected from being unnecessarily autobiographical. Too many 'I's. Renamed a recently-uploaded track.
  • Like 2

Interesting stuff. Can't say it was totally my vibe. The first one was a bit too much for me even for my open minded tastes lol. Like the beat on the 3rd track very distorted but kinda of works but wasn't so keen on the atmosphere. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Stickfigger, BCM, TheBro, acid1, and Drum Up... for feedback so far.

The FL Studio tracks are each made using instances of a single kind of synth.  So, for example, "Harmor Default" was made with three instances of the Harmor synth on the "Default" preset, and nothing else.

There is so much that one can do with these synths, and some of them come with a whole library of presets...  There will be more coming as the days go by here, so...

Edited by CEP2plet
For greater clarity.

Getting more ambient with these two...

Been getting into more techniques with Photoshop, not just doing collages only.  Although, collages are still fun to do, I have been exploring the recently added 3D effects to Photoshop and incorporating some of them into my image-editing.

Edited by CEP2plet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fluktr.  I get the Qebrus comparison now (there are moments of similarity), and that is a good sign, I think.  I actually only found out about Qebrus after Aphex Twin played my "Emotional Sickness" remix in October 2018.  Here is a mix I made for KMAH radio that aired about a week ago...

Edited by CEP2plet
  • Like 3

ho yeah, it's a good sign, he was a great visionary, I think he really "brought" something new…
Good mix, I like the destruction of clubbed to death to the noise abyss!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 9:59 PM, CEP2plet said:

Starting 2020 with this...

Too long for my taste, and I feel it's pretty repetitive. But I do really like how playful and glitchy(?) the drums textures and rhythms are. Especially around 2:56.

• 3 months later...

If you have not heard already, at 8:00 pm, PST, Andy Morin and others from A2B2 (https://www.a2b2.org/) are streaming "Night of Fire" on Twitch tonight, Friday the 13th, at this address...

Three edited versions of new tracks from me are going to be played, between 9:30 pm to 9:45 pm, PST.  The full versions of the new tracks will be uploaded to my Soundcloud page sometime afterwards.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:26 PM, CEP2plet said:

Second track from my set for A2B2's "Night of Fire" on November 13th, 2020 (https://www.a2b2.org/news/night-of-fire), in CD-quality WAV, now uploaded...

I was not expecting that turn from pure sound design/noise to ambient. By itself, it's a bit odd, especially since it's so thin and lacking in bass or mid range, but I can imagine it in the context of an album... that swings between noise and more traditionally "musical" moments (kinda like, stuff like Leafcutter John).

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 8:51 PM, springymajig said:

I was not expecting that turn from pure sound design/noise to ambient. By itself, it's a bit odd, especially since it's so thin and lacking in bass or mid range, but I can imagine it in the context of an album... that swings between noise and more traditionally "musical" moments (kinda like, stuff like Leafcutter John).

Your frustrated expectations were the intended result of my dramatic use of transition between contrasting sounds.

Thanks for the listen, and thanks also for the suggestion of Leafcutter John's stuff.  It is pretty good.  I might get a hold of some of his material.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:03 PM, auxien said:

some strong sounds, gonna have to give this whole thing a listen

Still have yet to get the full version of the third track from that 15-minute set uploaded, so there will be more to come.  Also, I will be doing a pre-recorded set for another virtual event that will happen in late January.  I will post details as they become available.