IGNORED

Old NME Interview 8/1/94

donquixote

the orders a bit fucked on the one interview,. will try to fix when im not in work....(edit: fixed now)

Glad old Richie bach was around when i was a teenager. there is far worse hero's to grow up with. 

Quite so. These years really have peeled off. That old Volume compilation looks as antiquated to me as shit from the 60s and 70s used to look when I was young but it sure was the tits when I was a teenager. Looks like "the loads of cash" have gotten him to perform again. He's anything if consistent 25 years on. 

Love reading these old NME articles.

The timeline is rather fuzzy, so probably not 100% accurate but as I remember the first time I read about Sir Richard was the Japanese artist who was cremated with her Aphex vinyl collection.

I also remember the one when he goes on a pub crawl round London (with Arab Strap? among others) Which is a bit odd considering he was supposed to be even a hermit, even way back then.

I really wish I never threw away all those early to mid 90’s copies of the NME.

5 hours ago, beer badger said:

Love reading these old NME articles.

The timeline is rather fuzzy, so probably not 100% accurate but as I remember the first time I read about Sir Richard was the Japanese artist who was cremated with her Aphex vinyl collection.

I also remember the one when he goes on a pub crawl round London (with Arab Strap? among others) Which is a bit odd considering he was supposed to be even a hermit, even way back then.

I really wish I never threw away all those early to mid 90’s copies of the NME.

I wish I had mine too, gutted I threw them out. The first thing I read was the 93 March mixmag (dance A-Z) I think. It said something about digeridoo and speed limits. Went straight in my brother's room and nicked his digeridoo cd to hear was it was like. Never given it back.

1993-mixmag-covers.jpg

This was the month later and I got Juno 6 not long after that:

The_Aphex_Effect (1).jpg

There were a couple of things that haunted me on this list until the internet kicked off 10 years later:

20191008_205933.jpg

And I might die wondering what this is: 

20191008_212348.jpg

Just found this hunting for those future music images so I'll post it too: 

aphex-twin-june1992.jpg

Music journalism was definitely more exciting back then. Imo. Nowadays it’s just a snooze fest. Probably why I like watmm, people speaking freely and saying mostly what’s on their mind. 

Archived